Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Changing at night feeds

Do you change your lo's when you give them their night feed. We change Sebastian when we do the dream feed at 10:30 so that he is awake enough to take the bottle and I also change him at his night feed as well as his nappy always seems really wet and I don't think it would last until morning.Thankfully it doesn't seem to stop him going back to sleep We are moving up to the next size soon so hopefully that might help.

Replies

• Yer, we do. Olyvia always has a wee or a poo in there and I don't like the thought of it sitting there till morning against her little bottom!

It doesn't seem to wake her up too much and she settles well at night after a feed.

Love NN and Olyvia xxx

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/Tp6A.png

http://lbff.lilypie.com/vBTq.png

• we change before every feed, but jacob has started to poo in the night during his feed so after as well, we have been going 5 hours on occasions between feeds but he is always soaking and sometimes through his vest so i dread to think what hed be like sleeping through, hoping the next size will help too x
  • I change William at his feeds as he used to leak through his nappy and vest and sleepsuit so he was having everything changed at night for a few nights, then I started folding the waistband of the nappy down at the back and we had no more accidents. We've had a few nights where he's done a poo during his feed or just after I've changed his nappy but not often. My DD used to feed 3 hourly and she'd poo after every feed so we had to do her every time too.
  • The last 3 nights Lizzie has slept through so have changed her nappy at 10pm dream feed and then again about 6-6:30 when she wakes up. when she was waking for night feed we would change her nappy whilst bottle was warming up x
  • We change Flynn before every feed too x

• I don't bother changing Cam for his dreamfeed but do change him (and wind him) half way through his nightfeed. The nappy is always sooooo heavy by then - it can't be nice to sleep in!! x