Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weight gain

Hi ladies

Just wondering if anyone elses lo's weight gain seems to have slowed down lately?

I think it's pretty normal at this age with all the moving around they're doing now!

I normally have Lyvi weighed every 3 - 4 weeks and on average shes been gaining about 31/2oz a week pretty steadily for months now. When we started weaning she had a real boost and gained about 5oz a week for 3 weeks but I've just had her weighed again today after 2 weeks (because clinic isn't on next week) and she's only gained 3oz total!

HV said not to worry, that it's totally normal and she looks really well. But I did drop another BF 2 weeks ago - but she was just messing around and not really taking much, so I don't think she needs it again. Also, I think her teeth have been bothering her a lot the last few weeks and she defintiely hasn't been eating so much solids.

However, she's only dropped very, very slightly on the weight graph so it must be fairly normal (and that's a FF graph too - I know BF graphs have a lot more peaks and dips).

Love NN x

Replies

• Hey hun,

Arthur lost 2 pounds about 8 weeks ago (at least I think it was 8 weeks?). Since then on average he has only put on 1oz a week. He was putting on 1pound a week!!!

I think that it is normal and nothing to worry about! I have seen pics of Livi and she the perfect picture of health!

xxx
  • Emilia's weight gained has slowed down too. I think for her, it is that she is burning alot of energy keeping herself cool, and moving around ALL the time.
    When I spoke to HV in the UK she said, to go by their hunger levels than weight gain at this stage. She also said to keep in mind that now they are on solids they are likely to have days where they eat loads and days they dont eat much - bit like us

Like Artysmammy said, Olyvia is perfect! xxx
  • Cam's weight hadn't slowed down yet - had him weighed yesterday and he came in at 21lb 11oz (32 weeks) However he is still very much static, he doesn't roll or crawl (apart from the circles, ha ha) so he's not burning off the energy. HV said to me though that his growth should flatten out over the next couple of months though as he gets on the move and Lyvi is a little older than Cam I think so that flattness (or slight dip) in weight gain would be about the right time for her now iyswim? x
  • jasmines weight gain has def slowed alot. she was weighed last week for the first time in 9 weeks i think it was. she was 15.14 and is now 17.15 so only a pound a month. i was expecting her to be more for some reason.
    i think its all relative considering how active they are now. i wouldnt worry unless she continues not to put on alot xxxx
  • Thanks ladies for your reassurance and your lovely comments about Lyvi image

Love NN xx