Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Time for safety gates?

Alyssa rolls 360 over and over again so she gets to the other side of the room!! I left her under her play gym in the nursery whilst i nipped to the loo and when i came back she had rolled about 1 metre and a half and was over by the door so i'm thinking it is time to get a gate at the top of the stairs just incase

~Has anyone got theirs yet?

Clair xx

Replies

• Options
    If she managed to get that far, then might be a good idea just in case! You never know what they can get up to while you're out of the room for a minute or two!
    Luckily, we don't have this issue as we're in a flat!
  • Options
    we will be putting ours up soon just incase as dd1 learnt to crawl shirtly after learning to roll, and lizzie is heading the same way! i dont think it hurts to put them up early x
  • Options
    possibly could be time if she likes rolling over and over like that! lol

i'm lucky because i live in a flat also so there's not really anywhere for emmy to go to. however she has started to try to crawl properly in the past few days so my travel cot has taken up residence in my living room to put her in when i have to leave the room (as i speak she's busy crawling from one end to the other for a toy bless her lol).

i don't think it's ever too soon for safety gates if you're in a house as you might not see LO do something and not know quite what they're capable of iykwim?