Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Jomoeuk

How was your trip?? What did they say about Emilia? Hope you got some answers

xxx

Replies

• Hey!

Thank you for you message. Our trip was fine. We came back with BA and they are fab!! Couldnt of done enough to help me. Makes so much difference, much better than that crappy ryanair!!

Emilia is fine, still not feeding that well but seems fine! We went to the docs today and she said that it didnt look like there is anything wrong with Emilia, doesnt look like she is teething, and to give weaning a try. See if that maybe satisfies her appitite so she can then be satisfied with milk - if that makes any sense??

So tomorrow will be the day...bit worried about giving it to her, but the doc said that it isnt the weaning process that can do any damage it is what you give them. The guidelines were brought in at 6 months to try and prevent babies from being given the wrong things to early ie meat, fresh milk etc...not because the whole thing is bad for babies. Prob start a discussion with that! :lol:

Anyway, thank you for thinking of us - thankfully I feel a bit better about it now. It was nice to speak to someone in my own language and have a proper discussion.

I hope you and sara are well and you abnd enjoying your marathon cooking sessions getting reading for sara adventures into real food! :\)

Joanna x
  • What are you starting her on?? Quite exciting! So glad she's ok though after that all

• I am just going to give her baby rice after her 11am feed and see how she gets on. If that goes well then will give her a little apple of pear puree with it. When that is going well will move that till after her 6pm feed and then give her a little pureed veg for lunch. Hopefully that will work. To be honest I stole it from Gina!!

Joanna x