Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Soooooooooooo ....

Who misses their bump???

I can honestly say I don't miss it at all! Never been so happy to have my body back! Lol!!

I missed it with little man but that was more the kicks I missed!

Mjc + Aleia

13 days

Xx

Replies

• I dont miss my bump but i miss feeling the kicks in my tummy!

Its sooooooo nice to be able to lay on my tummy and not wake for the loo 10 times a night xx
  • not even a teeny tiny bit lol. I have to say that, though it was worth it I pretty much hated being pregnant and am so happy to have my little girl and know that I'll never have to do it again now my family is complete image
  • not in the slightest!!! :lol:

It's so good to snuggle and spoon with OH again...even if this tends to get his juices going a little too much and I have to remind him to get his hands off!! Poor man is soooo frustrated!! image

I seem to have snapped back to my pre-preggers shape, already in my usual clothes less than 2 weeks after Mia's birth, and just a little bit of tummy-wobble to deal with....makes me hopeful that I'll be able to get back to my running as soon as possible. (Although I think I'll need to stop breatfeeding before then as I couldn't imagine running with these things on my chest...I'm used to fried eggs for boobs so these are NOT my idea of fun!!)

I can honestly say I don't miss being pregnant at all...I know I have the most wonderful daughter as a result of it, but I don't relish the thought of perhaps doing it all again....the OH is already talking of number 2!!!!! image
  • nope! although I'de rather have the bump... than the wobbly tummy with stretchmarks! lol!

I have gone back to my pre-pregnancy weight... but lost it off my legs and arms etc etc... my tummy is wobbly and I'm still not quite in my jeans yet but it has only been 2 n half weeks!

Luce & Oliver 17 days <3
  • hi Luce....been wondering how you were getting on...you settling with Oliver? How is your friend doing? Has she decided to go for it? I've been so amazed at how quickly my body has returned to almost normal in less than 2 weeks and wanted you to let your friend know that pregnancy doesnt have to mean permanent weight gain or wobbly bits....to be honest, although I have a slightly wobbly tummy, compared to how I felt about myself when I was pregnant, I could actually happily live like this forevermore, as there was a definite reason for it. I tried to get very fit before conception, then kept a regime up through pregnancy, and as a result have virtually no baby-weight to shift and no tiger-stripes either. It has been so worth the small amount of mental trauma, and has actually been a valuable lesson to me in what is important in life. I wish her the strength to go through with it....it will be worth it xxx
  • Earwig, So glad you came out of it positive. Told you didn't I?!

Though I have to admit I've been on the scales a few too many times I'm not pushing myself to get back into shape too quickly
  • Aleia is 2 wks today and I still haven't weighed myself! Lol!!

Clareabella I couldn't agree more. I have my little prince and my little princess and could not be any more content! I am so glad I dont have to do it again!

I am wearing my normal clothes but I lived in leggings and jumpers so no real change fir me!! Lol!!

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't miss my bump!!

Xx
  • argh - you ladies and your pre-preg weights!!! I'm still over three stone heavier, even though I've lost two stone since Alfie was born (yes - i put on 5 stone!!!!!!!!!!). Strange thing is, i barely ate during pregnancy as i stayed feeling sick!
  • How are you all back to pre-preggers weight?????!!!!!!

Once upon a time I was 9 stone. It's a distant memory. After having Wilf I had just finally got under 10stone (9 stone 12lb still counts!), which took a year, when we fell pregnant with Holly. I am now 11 stone. And I bet my dad I could be a 9 stone wonder again by Christmas. Argh! I'm still happily ensconced in my maternity jeans as I type image

Congratulations everyone on your weights! And earwig on the added bonus of no tiger stripes!!! My belly is now ruined and I will be sporting the one piece forever more at the pool :lol:
  • Hiya chris! image I'm fine and Oliver is great... I think she has seen how quick I've gone back to my pre preggers weight and thought if I can do it she can!... which is a good thing although I am really worried about her at the minute as she's had a bit of a family upset (the dog died... i know it's "just a dog" but it was her grans dog before she died and it's brought a lot of stuff back) and she has had a bit of a turn for the worse with the weight and she's looking scarily ill again. image

She was talking today though about breast feeding and whether she would do it... and she was pushing Oliver's pram saying "would i be a yummy mummy?" so I think she's decided she will definitely go for it one day image

welldone on the no tiger stripes thing! That is impressive and I'm majorly jealous of that :P

xxx
  • Don't worry about stretch marks ladies, they do fade, I got proper tiger stripes after my first but i have been back in bikinis since.
  • Don't really miss my bump snd I found the last trimester really challenging!!

Although.......

I do feel a little sad knowing that I am done. This was baby number three, so I have definitely had enough!!
  • I don't miss my bump yet but know I will soon lol!! Please lady don't let me tell myself I won't another baby in two month I have my hads full!!

As for my weight I don't have a clue I am bank in normal clothes size 8-10 but my belly much more flabby this time but have been preg for two year in row so not going to bother to much just yet! I never had one strech mark with heidi but have fee this time so nice to hear they fade.