Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011

Baby blues

Hiya ladies

Well the baby blues have kicked in the last few days and this time round (3rd child) am finding them worse!

Anyone else got them? I know they will go in a few days but thought I was passed 'crying at the sillyist thing' stage!

Caitlin is 10 days and is still a dream but the hormones are raging!!

Jen

Replies

• Hey hun.

Ah bless you and the blues. They will prob be gone soon!!

I haven't had them with either of my babies so can't really comment!

I wonder if it's cos I haven't breastfed either of them so the hormones aren't as rife!!

I still cry at stupid sad things on the tv more than pre pregnancy, and I cried then!!! Lol!!

Hope they go for you soon hun

Xx
  • I think I'm suffering pretty badly from them tbh... at night when he's really demanding I just look at him sometimes and think what the heck do you want?! it's quite upsetting at times and I must admit I have sat there in tears listening to him crying for no reason on more than one occasion! But by morning he's my little cherub again and I'm perfectly fine... it's quite wierd tbh.

I think it's mostly to do with the fact I'm on my own. At the moment I'm at my mum n dads house so they help during the day but I'm terrified of going home incase I feel like I feel at night all day too!

There is a history of PND in my family so I'm a bit worried that this might affect me as I know what it can do cause my auntie ended up in a mental institute.

Didn't mean to make the whole thing about me! sorry I was gonna make a new topic about this anyway! Pointless having two! Hope you feel better soon image and stop crying at silly things on tele... I do this anyway... pre pregnancy I was a soft touch too :P x
  • Just wanted to send you girls a hug. I havent had the bb this time round (yet anyway! - Lili is 8 days old) but I did with DS 14 months ago and for a long time after that. He was very unsettled and nothing had prepared me for that, whereas Lili is the exact opposite and a lot easier in comparison (dare i say that at loud). I think this has a lot to do with it in my case. But I do understand where you're at right now and I hope it does pass for you. Certainly a lack of sleep can contribute to it too so if at all possible try to get some more rest. I dont want to sound patronising as I fumed when anyone would tell me to get some more rest when it wasnt physically possible with an unsettled baby.

Just take one day at a time and try not to look too far ahead if you start to feel overwhelmed and down. And it helps to keep talking.

xx
  • Hey,

Lilith is only two days old, and not sure I would say that I have full blown baby blues, but I am a bit down as she just will not latch on to the breast properly!

I breastfed my son for 14 months and never once had sore or cracked nipples, so I do know what I am doing... but no mater how hard I try, she clamps on the nipple before I even have time to try and get her on properly, and they are cracked/sore and painful!

I really want to breastfeed and do not want to stop so it has made me rather down, also finding it hard staying on top of the housework etc with two small ones,and I hate any mess as it stressed me out!

Not slept properly in four nights now... two I was in (all be it early) labour and the night she was born/last night, all Lilith wants to do is suck/feed. constant. She seems to have her night confused with her day - But I cant sleep in the day as I have my son to look after too.

All of this said though, I a so happy to have a daughter, I love her with all my heart and just looking at her fills me with joy.

Wanted to let you know you are not alone however.

xx
  • Hi Girls, so glad someone has brought this subject up. I haven't been online for ages and was going to post this myself. I am struggling at the moment with baby blues, and always around 6-7pm. I worry about it because I had really bad PND with my son and I am so scared it will come back. I had a good chat with my health visitor today and I do feel a bit better, but still ended up in tears again tonight.

Luce, if you do need to chat, it really does help, and there is a lot of help out there now. Please don't keep it all to yourself. I kept it all in with my son, then I found a fantastic councelling group and it really, really helped me.

Hope everyone is feeling ok, we can all help each other through these difficult few weeks. X
  • i had a bit of a traumatic birth and think this has led to me feeling down as it didn't go how i planned. i'm starting to get my head around it and accept that it happened and my babies here all safe and sound to that's the main thing. but there have been lots of tears and have to admit i don't think i've bonded as well as my husband has with the baby. He's great with him and has really looked after us both.

i think it's starting to pass now though. there is help you can get, we have a group called birth stories in our area which i may contact to talk to people with similar stories, so i'm sure if you feel you need it there will be people that can help you if you want to talk about it?

i'm pretty sure it's natural for lots of women to feel like this as it's such a life changing experience and daunting to know your life has effectively changed forever although def for the better

Take care xx