Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011

My little lady is growing up!!! Lol!!

Hey ladies!

My little porker is too big for her Moses basket already!!! She's 3 weeks tomorrow!!

She's been in her room for about a week as she wouldn't settle in our room but now she's in her cot. She looks so tiny in it!! image!!

Health visitor came today and weighed her. She's now 9lb 10oz!!!

She's gained 11oz since Monday last week, and 1lb 3oz since birth!!! Little chubber!!

Anyway I'm so glad I didn't buy the basket! Lol!!

How are all your little babies doing??

Mjc + Aleia

Xxx

Replies

• Mornin MJC

Lottie is growing too, she is 3 weeks + 4 days. She still fits in her moses but her legs have grown soo much, the newborn clothes are too short for her! I am going to have to pull out some of the 0-3 month ones now - I just hope her arms keep up lol!!!

She is being weighed this morning and I reckon will be well over 8lbs. She was 7.7oz at birth, dropped to 6.14oz and was back up to her birth weight last week. image

Babysteps xxx
  • Hi!!! Seems like we're all doing far too good a job of feeding these little monkeys...our Mia also seems to have grown in the past week and her legs are now too long for the newborn sleepsuits, just like Lottie! She used to look tiny in her carry-cot, but now stretches from one end to the other, so may have to be de-camped to her full-size cot very soon! She was 8lb 1oz at birth, went down to 7.10, but then has put on over 1oz a day and was 8lb 5oz over a week ago, so I reckon is over the 9lb by now...little fatty!

She is very happy though, and is already showing a lot of personality...and LOVES being huggled by her Daddy....I am just the food on tap at the moment...Daddy's the man for her!!

Hope everyone is well

Chris & Mia (3 weeks tomorrow) xx
  • Oliver was 9lb 7 at birth... and he weighs 11lb now at least! :/ he still fits in his moses basket but compared to some ive seen it's quite a big one! image He's never really fit in much of his newborn stuff! I had to give most of it away! image

Mental how quick he's grown! He only lost 5lb from his birth weight then went straight back up to 9lb 10.5oz when he was weighed the week after! Madness. He does take 7oz of milk a feed though when I express! He really is a chubster!

image Lucy and Oliver 3 weeks and 4 days! <3
  • Can you express 7oz Luce??? It takes me ages to do 3oz!
  • Hi ladies!

Immy is a chubby one too. She was last weighed on tuesday at 3 weeks + 1 and had gone from 8lb 1oz to 10lb 1oz.

I never bought any newborn clothes and I'm glad I didn't since she's now so long that she's outgrown some of her 0-3m sleepsuits!
  • Well ladies Lottie weighed 8lbs 4.5oz today :0)

My poor boobies are taking the brunt of it though, I was convinced I wasn't producing enough milk but something is obviously working!!! Does anyone else feel a bit up and down still? I don't think I have anything too serious like PND, but especially after a rough night - Lottie is normally a very good baby and only wakes up once during the night - but last night she was awake 3 times. The tiredness really gets to me and I feel generally rubbish and really quite down...gonna try and get some sleep tonight before she needs another feed at 11

xx
  • I know what you mean Babysteps! I feel like a bloody milking cow at the moment...and I'm soooo jealous of you with Lottie only waking once in the night....Mia is generally a 11pm, 1am, 4am and 7am kid...but every other night wants me every hour on the hour, which is exhausting and an incessant assault on my poor nipples!! It wouldn't be so bad if she went back to sleep after every feed, but this little madam thinks it's playtime every night! But her Daddy is amazing and while I sleep between 11 and 1, he takes her downstairs for playtime.... I love him to bits! xx
  • Yeah... not every time though... if I express when he would normally be due a feed I can easily get 7oz. He does take it all at once though so it must just be what he takes every time he feeds! Madness! I'm going to be producing milk for years to come!

I have a manual breast pump too... I should be glad of being able to express that much but i've been out tonight and obviously had humongous painful boobs all night! lol x
  • Hi ladies

Well we're trying a little routine now - morning and afternoon naps although lottie doesn't seem to like the idea of an afternoon nap! We managed a bath, feed and bed by 7pm though so we'll see how she gets on!

Can I ask your collective advice on something different? My mum has invited us over for Sunday lunch tomorrow. Unfortunately my step-dad smokes (in the house). Mum says he hasn't smoked today and won't tomorrow for the baby but my OH is still against us going to their house. I have suggested meeting them elsewhere but my mum really wants us to go. I am torn- I would never do anything that might hurt Lottie but is it really practical to say that she can never visit my Mum's?!!

Any answers most appreciated I have to call my mum soon to let her know!!

Babysteps xx
  • I wont let Oliver go to his nanna's house because it is harmful to them to be in a smokey atmosphere they would have to stop smoking in the house full stop before I let him anywhere near because it stays in the air for days and in the furniture etc. there is a lot of information about it...

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/02February/Pages/third-hand-smoking-child-risk.aspx?WT.mc_id=020902&WT.mc_ev=Week40

this is what helped me to make my decision! It's completely up to you use your own judgement

xx
  • Hey ladies!!

Well the last 2 nights have been bliss since Aleia has been in her cot. She has slept between 4-5 hours between feeds so only up once in the night! Feels good to get sleep!!! Lol!!

Also we changed her teats to variflow and she's getting on much better and finishing a whole bottle!!

Re the smoking I had the same issues with my mum and hubs mum! My mum has smoked outside for a week now in the run up to me taking baby over today. Hubs mum on the other hand is a different matter! Hubs is going to broach it with her!!

It really is personal choice and your own gut feeling towards it.

Xxxx