Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011

I have made it online! :)

Well mummies how are you all?

Im doing really well and so is little Tyler! I cant believe he is 9days old. Feeding didnt start the best sadly. I tried ever so hard with breast feeding but Tyler just wasnt able to suck properly and was starving so after 4days we changed to sma gold and he is thriving on it! I started to get mastitus (is that how you spell it) and my boobs were ever so engorged so i had to be put on meds to reduce fluid retention. Feeling much better now. Tyler was born weighing 8pounds 6oz and when he was weighed at 4days he was 8pounds 5oz but today at 9days old he is 8pounds 11oz so doing really well! So much for me having a small baby that consultant and midwife and anyone who saw my bump said i would have!

Havnt had enought time to do BS but will get it on here asap! Will be a long one but will try and shorten it! Just wanted to say hi and let you all know we are well and setteling into family life! Wouldnt change anything! I just am so happy to be mummy atlast! image There are photo's on facebook but as you know BE doesnt let me post any image

Yla + Tyler 9days! XX

Replies

• Yay! You made it!! Lol!

Glad your all doing ok now after that feeding. Aleia is on sma gold and is a right porker! Lol!!

Look forward to your bs!!

Xx
  • hi Yla...good to see you back for a fleeting visit! It's just snatched visits online now, with our attention quite rightly being diverted elsewhere! :lol:

Don't feel bad about the feeding - whatever's right for Tyler is what needs to be done. Sounds like he's thriving now! I've been lucky with Mia - she has taken to the breast like an old pro, but to be honest with you, this gets me down sometimes and I'm already longing for the day when I can switch her to formula...planning on doing this in stages ready for my return to work at the beginning of April. I feel like a bloody cow most of the time, especially at night...last night was just horrendous, and I've not had a single second of sleep as she just wanted to feed constantly. But it seems to be working well for her..she was born at 8.1 and yesterday weighed in at 9.10, aged 3 weeks!!!

Looking forward to hearing about Tyler's grand entrance to the world xx