Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My BS

Well ladies i have a sleeping boy at the mo so will try and make this quick (and short lol)

As most of you know i posted on here on tuesday 25th when i was 2days over due saying i thought things were kicking off. I was having stronger pains that period like cramps but thats how i was explaining them to everyone! I saw my midwife on the wed and she said things could be starting but just really slowley ( it had already been over 24hours at that stage lol. She also made me depressed by refusing to give me a sweep image So i got on with trying to get baby out by myself. Lots of cleaning, hot food and sex was doneimage untill i saw my consultant on the fri 28th feb now 5days over due. He asked if i wanted a sweep and before i gave anytime to think about it my trousers were off and i was on the bed haha! He found i was 3cm dielated and did the sweep and made me have a bleed there and then a really good thing he said! He also said i had been in exotemely slow labour since that tuesday! I must have been going for some sort of record lol. Off i went home and re packed my hospital bag for the millionth time lol. OH went back to work but i was under orders to call him as soon as i felt anything or if i wanted him to come home. That was about 12pm on the fri and by 5pm i was having regular contractions and oh was slightly shocked when he came home from work and found me breathing hard bouncing on my ball! ( not an image he will forget he says!)

Things progressed and about 8.10pm i called mat ward just to let them know they were to expect me at some stage as congractions were ever 4 or 5mins apart. ( i was chatting to some of you on facebook at this stage and i would like to say thank you for that! It really helped me cope with contractions that were slightly stronger than i was letting on so thanks ladies!) at 11.45pm i arrived at mat ward just wanting to be checked over to see if i was dielating as normal and everything was moving in the right direction. There i was told my consultant was very generous giving me 3cm and she said she was only giving me 2cm but my cervix was thining out and moving how it should. So off i went home as OH wasnt aloud to stay with me and i was coping just about with the pain! I was hoping to get a sleep as i hadnt really slep since that tuesday and my god i was tired. Coming home was a huge mistake and just over an hour afetr getting home OH called mat ward and said i was coming back in. I was given a shot of pethadine and settled into a bed on mat ward. The pethadine didnt really help just made me really sleepy so i got a few seconds sleep inbetween contactions. I did keep myself walking around but this wasnt helping me as i found it more painful to be moving! A lovely lady came in about 5.30 am in labour and we really helped eachother as we were only 2 on mat ward in labour.

9.30am came round and i was shouted at by sister midwife as i was in bed rolling around begging for gas and air and she said there was no way i would be more dielated as i was lying in a bed not keeping active. She tried to drag me off the bed so i could go and do a pee and then she would do a check and see how i was pregressing. I was having none of it and told her i was going to pee the bed if she wanted me to do it so badly as i couldnt move anywhere image She did the check with me not going for a pee haha and found i was 5 - 6 cms dielated so ran to get OH who had slept outside mat ward all night so as he was close to me and was there when i needed him. I was taking the 2seconds round to labour ward at 10.30 am and even at that it took me 5mins to walk round with the contractions coming sooo bad and fast. As soon as i got there i asked about an epidural as i was sooo tired and felt i didnt have the energy to breath let along continue with having a baby. I got epidural at 12pm ish but it didnt work! My right leg went slightly numb but i felt every contraction so gas and air became my best friend image

2.30pm came and i was 8cm's now so whilst OH went for a quick coffee my waters were broken. and come 3.30pm it was time to puch! Me being ever so tired and stubborn said i couldnt do it and wanted a c-section! I tried pushing but was getting no where so after 10mins a consultnat was called to help. I hadnt slept in over 24hours by that stage and the midwife knew i was just to tired to do anything! They decided to give me that drip to help contractions become more stronger ( have completely forgoton the name sorry!) The whole bag went through yet even though i was having really stong congractions they were only lasting enough time for 1 or 2 pushes at most so they decided to try the suction cup thing! That didnt work 2times so they decided it was to be a forcepts delivery! This all hurt like hell but OH said i was really quiet and coped really well and i even said as they were putting the focepts in that this baby will be having a brother or sister and this tromatic birth wasnt putting me off! HAHA image After i tried pushing a few times with them pulling on forcepts they said my pushing was doing nothing so sit back and suck on gas and air! Little Tyler was born at 4.30pm by being dragged out of me and then dumped on my night down! I had a 3rd dagree tear and needed to be rushed to surgary as i was losing so much blood! I didnt get to have skin to skin when Tlyler was born and that really upset me! OH wass left holding our newborn son really worried about me as the last he leard was them requesting blood for a transfusion for me! I didnt need that in the end. I was in surgary for an hour being fixed up where they managed to get my epidural workingimage better late than never!

I got back to labour ward and my new son for skin to skin at 8.15pm! That time apart really hurt sooo much and i do feel i missed so much then!

Tyler was born on 29th Jan at 4.30pm! 6 days late but well worth it! He was bigger than everyone thought at 8pounds 6oz! and the midwife did say there was no way i was pushing out that big boy on my own even if i wasnt as tired as i was.

We are doing well now Sadly i had to put him on bottles after 4days as he wasnt feeding properly and i started to get really sick with mastitus. We are changing him to the sma hungry newborn baby milk tonight as the sma gold just wanst filling him enough so fingers crossed he becomes more settled for us! I am really shocked at how well i have recoverd from the brith! and i am still saying we will have more babies one day! Will have to convince OH of that later lol!

Sorry this is long and i hope you werent bored reading it!

Yla + Tyler 14days today! XX

Replies

• Hey Hun.

That sounds like a bit of a horrible experience but at least you've recovered well and are still positive about having more babies!!

How many ounces is Tyler having? Aleia is taking 5-6 ounces every 4-5 hours!!

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already since you had him. Time really does fly! Lol!!

Hope you had a good night with Tyler.

Mjc + Aleia (1 month old tomorrow!! Eek!!)

Xxx
  • Tyler is now on 4and half OZ of the sma hungry newborn baby milk and is taking that every 3and half to 4 hours! He started on that milk last night at about 8.30pm and was still really unsettled, didnt really sleep untill 3am! but he did have feeds inbetween just was really restless and wanted to be held alot but he seams alot more happier today so we are hoping that the late night upset wont come tonight! We will see when he next feeds about 8pmish to how he settles!

Where is the time going with our little ones? I still cant believe he is here and is all mine lol and he is 15days today! I will prob still be saying that when he is at school lol!

XX
  • Hi Yla.

lovely to read your BS, sorry it was so traumatic for you but glad you came out of it positive. enjoy you LO, time really does fly, i look at my nine year old and still can't believe it lol