Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Strange squealing noise

Hi All,

Was looking for some advice.

My baby is 2 weeks old tomorrow (my god it's gone soooo quickly)! Anyway the last 2 nights when he's been in his baby bouncer of an evening he has suddenly made a strange squealing noise and kind of freezes then goes back to normal. he's asleep when he does this and it doesn't even seem to disturbe him but it's quite sudden and makes me jump!

any ideas why he does it and is it normal? Is it some thing i should mention to the HV this week? i don't want to be an overprotective parent and worry about every little thing but i'm worried this is some thing to do with his breathing??

xx

Replies

• Not had anything like this bu would always say if it's something that worries you then ask about it, there's no silly question when it comes to your LO

Cx
  • I havnt had this huni but i would defo ask your HV even if it just puts your mind at rest better to ask! Where has the time gone since we had our little ones? I remember being in the over due club with you and moaning we wanted our babies asap haha image

XX
  • oliver does this all the time! asleep or awake. The health visitor hasn't heard him do it but she says its like a cough... they gag when they cough cause the reflexes are so close to each other they don't quite know how to cough yet! He'll soon learn! I know it sounds scary but its completely normal!xxx