Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bringing up wind

Any tips no bringing up wind?

Babs rarely brings up wind during his feed, or at the end, often sleeping as he's taking the bottle. He obviously has wind as everytime he goes n his back he wakes up and starts showing the signs that he's in pain.

We've started putting Dentinox in each feed ...

By the time he's settled from one feed, it's time for his next so I'm obviously nt getting anything else done as fr the last 2 days I can't seep to be able to put him down for long ...

Katy

Replies

• Options
    Have you tried woodwards Gripe water hun? It helps Imogen get her wind up. You can use it from one month old...
  • Options
    We are having the same prblem withh Tyler! Even if we do get to the stage where we are winding him we could be trying for hours and he just wont do anything! I know your not suppose to use the gripewater untill one month but the past few days we have been giving him 0.5ml just to help him out and that does seem to be helping a bit. We also give Tyler some Infacol befroe every feed and this does seem to be helping and he doesnt seem to cry in pain as much after a feed.

Oh read in the boots parenting mag that lying a baby on its tummy on your lap can help so we have given it a go. Now i am no good at that at all i have short legs and panic Tyler will fall off but when OH does it it goes really well and Tyler loves it. Give that a little shot a see if it helps We can only try these things haha!

XX
  • Options
    instead of cradling babba in your arm the normal way, turn him round to cradle him so his belly is on your arm , you can use your other hand to pat/rub his back and the pressur of his belly on your arm should help him burp and you can do this even if he's dropped of to sleep without disturbing him
  • Options
    Thanks ladies .... getting there nw with the wind problem, I've found mving him from one position to another helps, and the dentinox has been helping ... his body clock is still out of sink and will quite happily sleep all afternoon ... so he's up all night ... these little ones are sent to keeps us on our toes hey x