Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011

How are our babies doing???

Hey ladies!!

Just thought I'd do a quick catch up thread to see how we are all doing.

Well little Aleia is doing well, she is 5wks old tomorrow but it seems like she had been here forever!!

I had her weighed on Tuesday and she weighs 10lb 14oz!! In just under 2 wks she gained 1lb 4oz!!! Lol!!

She is feeding every 4-5 hour and taking 4-6 oz depending on how lazy/tired she is feeling!!!

She has got a lovely personality already and is changing loads every day! She likes to have a chat and a kick about on her mat. She's so smiley too it's amazing!!

She loves her big bro and when she hears him she can't turn her head fast or far enough to find where he is!! Lol!!

How us everyone else doing??

Mjc

Xxx

Replies

• Hey glad your little one is doing well. My little man is doing great also. Eating and sleeping well. He usually drinks about 125ml (just over 4oz) at a time and feeds every 3-4 hours. He has a touch of colic and reflux though but doesn't seem to bother him too much and usually only annoys him last thing at night or first thing in morn. He is 3 weeks old tomorrow and like you I cannot imagine what we ever did without him. He loves music and happily sings along to anything!! I love being his mummy image
  • hi mjc....well, Mia is almost 5 weeks now and I have no idea where the time has flown! Mia's daddy and I have had a steep learning curve but have loved every minute of it...well, almost!! Mia has gained weight massively and today I packed away all her newborn clothes as they don't fit any more....a momentous day with a whole new wardrobe of clothes and a size up in nappies too!! :lol:

She is now taking an interest in the world around her and loves her jungle gym mat....not so keen on the bouncer chair tho! I had the realisation today that I have to go back to work in just 8 weeks and it made me so sad....back to 10 hour days 5 days a week...I'll miss so much of her life :cry:

Mummy loves Mia xx
  • Hi ladies! Glad to hear all r doing well!

That's Zander 4 weeks tomoro time has gone really fast,

we r doing good, he is totaly diff baby from heidi was so still learning all the time with him. I had to go on to bottle feeding as he was wonting fed for hours at a time and did not find it fair on heidi, as she is so yough she dis not know what wait 5min means so was better for me n family n I am not going to feel bad. So through day he is taking 4-5 oz milk every 3ish hours n only getting up for one feed at night at half 3, so am happy with that as he settles right awayagain.

I am non stop with the two wee ones but I do love it.

• Harry is 6wks tomorrow and HV coming today to do his 6wk check, so will see how much he weighs then.

He's not grown much, still in newborn clothes with plenty room to spare. He sleeps well, only wakes once throught the night, but I think he still has jaundice so that will make him a little sleepy (gonna ask te HV to check it out)

His big brothers and sister love him to bits, and they seem to get all the smiles from him.

Its a busy household but the best full time job in the world, can't believe how the weeks hgave flown by, 2 more weeks then we'll be starting the disruption the injections will cause!!!
  • Hi ladies.

Glad all our LO's are doing well.

Immy is now 5 weeks and 5 days, she was weighed on Wednesday and is now 11lb 8oz!!!! She doesn't fit in 0-3 month clothes anymore, she outgrew her sleepsuits over a week ago now (she's very long lol).

She had her scan on the bump on her head last week and we go back next Monday to get the results, fingers crossed all is well, though at the minute she's a poorly little girl, sick with viral gastroenteritis but seems to be slowly getting better but still isn't feeding properly so having to express and feed her out of a bottle to make sure she's getting hind milk and not just fore milk.
  • Ah bless poor little immy. Hope she gets better quickly for you. I think Aleia is getting a cold she's been sneezing loads and her big bro has a cough/cold at mo too.

Glad we're all doing well

Xx
  • Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Ava is now 5 weeks and 4 days old. She weighed 6lbs 9oz at birth and 2 weeks 5 days was 8lb 6oz, going to get her weighed again tomorrow!

She is a hungry baby and takes 5/6oz every 3 hours, although last night she slept from 10pm until 3.30 this morning so getting better!!

She showed her first smile to her big sister this morning which was so lovely!

xx
  • Hello Ladies!

Jude is now 4 weeks 6days. He weighed 8lb9oz at birth and was weighed last Monday and he was 11lb1oz. He is exclusively breast fed and people keep telling me that I have double cream.

We have had to pack up all his newborn & up to 1month clothes image It was heartbreaking! He is now in 0-3 months but I am not sure how long for as he is so long! My Nan told me the other day when she met him for the first time that she thought he was 2 months old!!

I have not got around to doing my birth story yet as it went so wrong I have not really wanted to think about it let alone write it down!

We are going away on our first family holiday on Tuesday which will be lovely!

Hope you lovely ladies & babies are well.

Much Love

Emsie & Jude xxx
  • So lovely to read how well our babies are doing. It's funny how we were never off here in Dec/ early Jan and then for few weeks it was so quiet as we all were playing with our new toy lol I can't believe how quickly time has flown by! Niamh was 1 month on Sunday there and I was shocked :lol:

She is so settled and doing really well. She's relatively small still, but doing great for her. Was 6lb5, dropping to 6lb in first few days. But last Tues she was up to 7lb9 and I imagine she's about 8lb now- feeds loads! Has gone from 2nd percentile to the 9th image We had to go get tiny baby clothes for her in first few days but she's outgrown those and is filling out newborn ones lovely- even into a few 0-3 months!

She is such a different baby to Lorelei who had colic and silent reflux for most her first year, we found it really tough going and although knew it wasn't always like that, it's only now we realise just how tough we had it! So to those of you going through it, you have my utmost sympathy