Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weight.... Heavy baba!

When Oliver was born he was 9lb 7oz then he went to 9lb 3oz after a few days... He gradually gained weight up to 11lb 4oz last week then on Tuesday I got him weighed at the hospital and he is 12lb 2oz!!! Superboobyjuice! Anyone else got a fatty baby? When I express I have to do it if he misses a feed cause he takes 6-7 oz!

Xxx

Replies

• Hi luce,

Jude was 9lbs 2 when born, but because i was in hospital tolong and had problems breast feeding he went down to 8lbs 8 at 5 days old (cos we weren't getting on with breast they made him feed from a cup??? which im not convinced was working) but he's now 2 weeks old and up to 9lbs 4oz again already so has regained loads and then some more! he's always hungry so we feed him every 3 hours but he always wants more so we are going to try using the SMA extra hungry formula.

the first comunity MW that saw him said he's just going to be a hungry baby - which he is proving!

i can def tell his cheeks are getting bigger from all his food! (love my chunky monkey)

you must have mega milk to be feeding him so well xx
  • Aleia was 8lb 7oz born and weighed 10lb 14oz on Tuesday!

She is a right porker and is taking 5-6oz!!

You must have mega booby juice!!

Xx
  • Oscar was 6lb 9oz when born, 8lb 8oz at 4 weeks, and 10lb 5oz at 6 weeks! He was breastfed until 4 weeks, and is now formula fed and taking 5oz every 3hrs.
  • We're doing well weight wise too. 8lb 1oz at birth and 11lb 8oz at five weeks and already in 3-6 months clothes as she's too long for 0-3!!
  • God 3-6 months that IS an achievement lol bless her! Looks like our jan babies are all little porkers then image just how we like them. I swear i could eat olivers chubby cheeks sometimes lol xx
  • I think I will need to get some 3-6 babygros as the 0-3 are getting a bit snug!! Lol!!

I am so glad I didn't waste money on newborn!!

Aleia has chubby cheeks too. They are so adorable!!

Xx
  • Heya,

my baby is still lil as she was 4lb 4oz when born, then was very ill in neo natal care. She is now fully breast fed and was 5 weeks old on Saturday and now weight 5lb 9oz!!

So although alot smaller than babies here, to us it is a great acheivement as in the last week she has gained an oz a day so im very proud of her image

still in early baby clothes tho! i long the day i can put a pretty dress on her but they are all too big at the mo!

love Sian and Megan xxx
  • Gosh Sian - it sounds like you've had a traumatic time. I'm so glad she's improving and gaining weight now!
  • Aww welldone Megan and Mummy! image Sounds like you've had a rough time! Glad she's gaining weight at top speed though image She'll be a right chunk before you know it! x
  • Lucex, my little man was 9lb 7oz also when born and now at 6 weeks is 11lb 13oz and into 3-6 month sleepsuits as so long! He does look all in proportion though just looks older and larger than he is and is fully bf. Still wonder how I pushed such a giant out with no pain relief!
  • welldone you on the no pain relief front image

It's crazy isn't it? image Oliver is now 13lb at 7 weeks and still fully bf. I feel really proud but I'm starting to waver on the breast feeding now! I just want to be able 2 have more of a break.. a drink with the girls etc. I'm a single mum so it's hard sometimes not getting a break at all! I find it hard enough to even get time to have a shower sometimes! image So I'm thinking if I mix feed him I can let my mum have him for longer than I do now to give myself a break! It seems a shame as he is doing really well and I do feel guilty but I need a break!! xx
  • Hi ladies, well immy jumped up to 12lb 3oz last week at six weeks old. proper little porker lol. she's all in proportion though, on the 91st centile for length, weight and head circumference image

Luce, on the feeding have you tried getting loads of milk off? I haven't done it yet with imogen but with my others if I wanted a drink I'd make sure I got loads of milk off, enough to last over a full day so they could be bottle fed for a day and I'd express and ditch the milk after I'd had the drinks until it was all out of my system.
  • I can't do it image Every time I express he wants feeding and can't get anything from me image I keep trying though!

I'll try another few weeks and then start getting him onto formula I think :/ x
  • I have the same problem, Luce...every time I plan to express so that I can get going with the mix-feeding (so I can get back to the gym!!) Mia wants feeding every hour or so and I never have enough left! She was weighed today at 11lb 5oz, so is also doing fantastically well on the mummy-juice, but I NEED to start getting her Daddy to take on some of the feeds.

As Clareabella says, try and get a stash expressed and go enjoy yourself!! x
  • Wow - your babies are so much bigger than Alfie! He was born 7lb 11 and after dropping a bit, has put on 4oz a week and is now 9lb 14. He's breastfed and feeds a lot - definitely more than every four hours. The health visitors are very happy with his weight so I'm not concerned but he seems much less than other babies who were born later!! He's on 98th centile for height and 9th for weight!