Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Aw the joys!!

Of having to the about birth control!!

We start to have sex again last week 3wpp and then I thought beta get sorted as really don't won't 3 babys under 2 lol that would b mad! So went yest n got implant put in n it hurts like hell!!!

Has anyone ever had implant befor if so how did u get on with it??

It's so good being back to having normal sex I missed it so much!!

Replies

• Hi my lovely bump buddy

I had the implant and it was great. My periods went a bit bonkers but that calms down.

I've had a period already!! Eek. We're using condoms at the moment but thinking of getting a coil fitted...

Xx
  • Not had the implant hun so can't help there. I'm on the mini pill but getting used to taking it again is hard and i keep forgetting lol so we're still using condoms.
  • I was thinking of asking for implants this time around...do you have any idea why they are hurting so much? I used to be on the depo jab but I doubt I will be allowed back on it as I was on it for 13 years straight when the recommended is only 2...oops image

Don't want to go back on the jab as it took a whole year to get back to normal cycle, and if we want to go for baby number 2, I'll be an ancient cretin by then!

We have been really naughty and started having sex again 3wpp, but with no protection except blind belief in breastfeeding and a hubby with excellent withdrawal control! But obviously this is just asking for trouble!!! I am at the docs for 6week check on the 28th and want to ask about the implant.....does anyone else have any experiences? Can they do it there and then? Is it pretty fail-safe?

fingers crossed xx
  • I am waiting for first monthly so I can get the coil. I am starting to get frustrated as want to be close to hubby again! It's been so long what with constant thrush for the last 3 months if pregnancy!!

Am not looking forward to first monthly though!!

Xxx