Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

abbielouise bs sorry it late very very long

so i went in to be induce on the 27th of jan had my first gel that night at 12 30 and by 1 that night i was having contractions every 3 mins and i was so happy and thought that that was the night had a show so tryed to get some sleep woke up in morning at 7 and it had stopped

so had to have a gel again had a show again and was contractions every two min was checked to see if i was dilating and i had not even started was so upset my water began leaking but doctors did not beleve me and when i told them they said it was probly just a show how they worked that out i dont no so all day i was in labour but not getting any where contractions every 2 mins in was unbearable and i was texting my mum all night begging her to make them get the baby out i gave up big time it would of been ok if i knew i was dilating but i wasn't getting anywhere again woke up in morning and it had stopped

so day 3 and had to have a gel again and i really did not want to do it but knew the baby had to come out so i let them do it had a check and was told i was 1 cm i cryed and lady said im so sorry and i said no im so happy at least i no im getting some where now so again all day contractions and still leaking water not that they be leave me still that night the contractions starting getting really strong and i was finding it very hard to get confoty so midwive said have bath got in bath a was sick every where and nearly pasted out i went in to a pantick actack midwive put me in bed and left me alone i calmed myself down and got some sleep.

woke up yet again and it had stopped so doc came round gave me a check to see if i needed a gel again which i was not going to let her do i gave up and didn't want any more but she checked and told me i was 2 cm and ask if my waters had gone could she couldn't break them and i said yes ages ago she was not happy that midwive had not be leave me and said i had to have the drip because it been more than 24hours with out my waters and she had to come out that day

so went to delevery to have my baby and was put on drip and started about half hour later and contractions were made to happen 3 in 10 mins which was so much better than what i had over the past 3 days midwive kept trying to get me to take prethdine but i really did not want any of that she said it would help me dilat quicker but i said no so 4 hours later she checked me and i was 5 cm and she asked again and said it would really help it go quicker and i was in so much pain i said yes and was hoping she was right and im glad i did pain went away and it was so easy from there on then i was laying on bed as i was stuck to all these machines and she felt my belly and told me i had to stand up as baby was back to back and would not come out that way so i stord up and within and hour i was telling the lady i needed a poo and she told me it was normal and i didn't and i was saying no i need a poo now and she said no its ok then i was like im pushing aand i cant stop it she said you cant be my mum felt my belly and said no she is pushing so she ask me to get on bed so she could check and she went o my your ready on you next one push so i did she made me sit up hands behind my legs and head down i did 3 pushes in one contractions and bam head was out and it was amazin i could see everythink so next contraction i did 3 more pushes and she was out she was sleeping so loads of doctors had to come in to check her she had to have sometink to take the pethdine out of her as it went to quick from haveing injecion to her being born so once she had that i was given her and did skin to skin she feed of both boobs and we had big cuddles midwive came up to me and said how much of a good job i did keeping quite linstening to what she said and being so calm she said she not had someone like me ever made me feel very happy and proud

i love my baby girl

macey born at 8.12pm weighting 7lb 10oz 30th january 2011

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31300233&id=1376210034

Replies