Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bit of help/advice needed!!

Hey ladies and babies!!

Aleia is now 5wks old and up until Wednesday has been feeding every 4 hours and taking 5-6oz.

Since then though she has become unsettled for 2 hours between 7 and 9pm. It's not colic as it's she's not screaming in pain. I think it's just her being over tired and wanting attention.

For a couple days she wouldn't take more than 3-4oz of her milk but now she is going back to being hungry every 3-4 hours.

We are trying the hungry milk for her last 2 bottles of the day but keeping the rest normal milk.

Do you think is ok to do or would it be better to keep to one or the other?

Thanks ladies. Hope your all doing ok!!

Xx

Replies

• All I know is wht I read the other day when I was researching what formula to give Oliver if I want to mix feed. It said not to change milks too often as it can unsettle and confuse them. But I think it means from sma to aptamil to cow and gate etc... I guess what your doing is just the same as mixing breast feeding and formula so I don't see a problem. As long as u don't change which hungry baby milk u give or anything... Sorry if that sounded like complete ramblings image

xx
  • What Luce has said sounds right hun. As long as your not using one make of formula for the normal feeds and then a different make for the last 2 I think it should be fine.

Ava is a hungry baby and is taking between 5/6oz every 3 hours! We are giving her Aptamil 1 as SMA gave her bad tummy ache, we did try Aptamil hungry baby and that made her really constipated so we just stuck with the first milk and upped the ounces.

Hope it works for you image

xx
  • We have def stuck with same brand!! Lol!!!

Well it didn't work as she was wanting 6oz every 3 hours!! We have swapped to hungry milk now and she is back doing 6oz every 4 hours.

She has changed so much this week that I think it's a growth spurt. My porky little pig! Lol!!

She's so chatty, happy and playful it's amazing how much she had grown up this week!

Xx