Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Constipation/unhappy baby

Hey Ladies,

HELP?!?!?!?!

My little one has not had a poo since monday, i have now switched him from Aptamil 1 to Aptamil Comfort, he has always been stubborn to give up wind, i wouldnt say he was colichy just very windy and now he is constipated!!!! I have only given him two lots of the comfort but he is in so much pain and only settles when you stand up with him on your shoulder...i have given him a teaspoon amount of Orange juice and 3 oz of water to try and ease his pooing but that was only an hour ago!!!! Any one else got any ideas?!?! I hate hearing him cry and i just cant do anything to ease him. Im dreading tonight as i know its going to be a hard night!!!!

xxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi

I'm bf so not sure if it will work but I know ylacoutts mentioned on her facebook about a similar problem with hungry baby milk and she added a sprinkle of brown sugar to the milk as per MIL advice and it worked. Can't do any harm though I personally wouldn't give orange juice just because I imagine it would curdle with the milk in his wee belly. Not judging or basing that on any knowledge image

Hope this helps

• Options
    G/c to say that if you have given orange juice don't be tempted to give anything else as I gave my dd juice (constipated from weaning) only 1oz twice and she ended up with almost immediate diarreah and she is 6 months so go slow on the juice with your wee one image
  • Options
    Like was said before we were told about putting just a tiny sprinkle of brown sugar into one of babies feeds. We did it the once after changing from sma gold to sma hungry newborn baby and it worked a treat! I know they say dont do it but you only do a tiny amount and we were ready to try anything at that point! Hope little one is feeling better soon! XX
  • Options
    G/C from DIF

I gave my DD cool boiled water with a teaspoon of brown sugar when she was a baby an it does work. So cant see it being any different with milk image That and a warm bath usally stimulates babys bowels x