Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How are we all doing?

Well ladies i have made it on for more than a min so i thought i would see how we are all doing with little ones!

Tyler is doing well. He is 26days old now and the time is just flying by! He was weighed on tuesday and he is up to 10pounds 4.5 ounces! I knew he had put on weight but i didnt think he had put on that much! My little chunky monkey! haha. He can be quite unsettled at night time and doesnt take a full feed so will be up every hours 2 if im lucky!

I was really nervous about OH going back to work this week but i think i am doing well. Yes i am tired but hey what do you expect with a little baby!

I feel much better after the birth and even though i have LOTS of stiches i think im ready jump into bed with OH againimage Even went to Boots today and stocked up on condoms haha ( they have an offer on you get 2boxes of 12 for ten pounds! Thats the durex ones! Im well stocked up now image )

I really hope mummies and babies are doing well!

Yla and Tyler 26days! XX

Replies

• hi Yla...and Tyler!

No-one manages to get on here very much any more...guess we have other things to occupy our time eh?? Tyler seems to be keeping you on your toes...I think he's following a familiar pattern with the Jan babies in not letting mummy sleep for more than 2 hours of a night...and then sparko during the day! I know our Mia does the same! She is currently curled up on the oh's chest, snoozing happily....but of course by 10pm it'll be wide-awake time!

Our little horror has also fallen into the habit of not wanting to be left alone for a single second....she can be fast asleep, I can put her in her moses, and then 2 secs later, wide awake and screaming....pick up, cuddle, SILENCE!!! This does not bode well for the future! We've tried leaving her to cry, but she always wins out....as she can cry for a VERY long time and as if someone's ripping her spleen out!

As for 'relations' with the oh...he's already talking about number 2 baby, so I'm trying to keep away from him...but it's very difficult ... image

Sounds like you're enjoying being mummy to Tyler....great news!! xx

Chris & Mia...almost 6 weeks (arghhhhh!!!!)
  • Hey Hun.

Good to hear from you. Glad all is going well despite the lack of sleep! I've been very lucky this time round as Aleia is an amazing sleeper!! Complete opposite to how my little boy was!! Lol!!

Tyler sounds like he is doing well in the weight department too which is good. Aleia weighs 11lb 4oz today at 5wks 6 days!! Can't believe where the time has gone since we had our babies!!

Aleia is taking 6oz every 5 hours so is a bit of a porker! It's the sma hungry milk too!! Lol!

It's been hard this week as little man on half term so had both on my own!! 2 children, trying to keep house clean and tidy plus all of us poorly equals a very tired mummy!! Roll on Monday when little man at school! Lol!!

Take care sweets

Xxx
  • Hey! Dont get to come on my laptop much these days!

JD is 5 weeks old now, and he weighs 10lb 12 image we're both doing fab... still exclusively breastfeeding... which is hard work, but totally worth it...

Im having the same problems as all 3 of you hahah! I take JD to bed for a few hours through the day to catch up on lost sleep as he doesnt really do sleeping much through the night haha...and as for the OH... well dont even get me started! i cant see us staying together for much longer... hes just not there for me or JD, he spends very little time in the house helping me, doesnt work, hasnt looked for a job in months and i spend all my time snapping at him cuz i hate his lack of interest in me or our son... but nevermind... s**t happens... i have JD and i love him unconditionally image

Anyhoo hope your all well albeit sleep deprived haha image

Chez and JD xx
  • Hi Guys,

I was in the DIF forum but would love to join born in Jan as I had my lil angel Megan via emergency c section on 15th January and got her home on 9th Feb (after a rough stint in neo natal as she was a poorly baby!) Shes now doing well and was weighed today 6lb 3oz I am so proud of her image

Yla, glad to hear that you and Tyler are doing so well! Sorry to hear your not getting very big blocks of sleep though image Your OH is very lucky as I havnt managed to do the deed for some reason! Im a lil scared and I don't know why!!

Chris, at least im not the only one with a baby that's sparko a lot in the day and not so much at night! Although she was waking last week every 2 hours, the last couple of nights she has stretched to between 3-3.5 hours! In the day she can easily go 4-5 hours...hmm do they do it on purpose lol.

MummyJC, I don't know how you managed with your lil lad and a baby! This is my first so I don't think I would quite manage it! Well done for getting through the week image

And Chez, im exclusively breast feeding too, your right bowt it being hard work but def worth it it think! Megan breast fed in her first few days but then when she became poorly she was tube fed, so she had to learn breast feeding all over again which was very hard and a trying time, but I was determined, and I think it is now paying off as she has been fully breastfed since she has been home!

Anyways, you all seem like a friendly bunch so hope to chat more through out this special time for us all!!

Love Sian and Megan 6 weeks and 2 days old! xx
  • Hi Sian!! The Jan crew are more than happy to welcome new crew members...Megan sounds like she is going from strength to strength, which is great news ...you must be so proud of her!!

Good to have you on board in Jan....the ladies here have been (and continue to be!) a font of knowledge and wisdom and have helped me through some toughies....

btw....are you Welsh? Just going by your name and Megan's.....

Croeso!!

Chris & Mia (6 weeks and 3days eeek!)
  • Welcome to born in jan! Like what has been said before the ladies in here are just the best! I couldnt have got through a hard ish pregnancy with out them! I talk to them more and ask for advice more than i do m friends or family when it comes to baby stuff!

Im so glad you and little one are doing well and all our babies and mummies are doing well!

Yla + Tyler 4weeks and 4days! XX
  • hehe no im not welsh, altho yes my name is welsh, and me and oh just liked the name megan, it wasnt until after we chose it that we found out it was welsh too!

i think megan is having a growth spurt today, she has been eating all day and has finally just closed her eyes!

hope u r all ok!

xx
  • lol...you can both be honorary Welsh! Megan will be bouncing over the 10lb mark before too long if she keeps eating like that!

• Hi ladies

I haven't said hi since Lottie was about 2 weeks old, finally managed to log on. It's good to read that everyone's in the same boat...

Lottie is 7 weeks + 5 days now, still exclusively bf too which I must admit I am finding hard. I would just love a few hours off! Must get into expressing more I guess! But it is working, she was 7lbs 7oz and last Monday weighed 10lbs 1oz - so I am a very proud mama image

Sleeping - well sometimes! Bedtime is generally 7-8pm and she will go through til 12 or even 1am which is great, then 3-4am and then 6-7am. Daytimes are a lot more difficult - I guess she is sleeping a lot (relatively) during the night. But it does make any time for me or me+OH rather difficult to come by! OH has been good but I don't think he understands how demanding the bf is image

Gosh sorry for essay and love to you all

Babysteps xx
  • Hi Sian, welcome to BIJ. X