Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

long wait for me : (

everyone else has had early scans ive got to wait for the normal 12 to 14 week scan....i feel im the only one who might be going crazy and having a phantom pregnancy lol oh well the tests said i was and so do the symptoms lol

Replies

• Options
    Ahh GP I paid for mine as couldnt get an early scan. It was ??75 but worth every penny as I feel a little reassured before I go away. After my mmc I needed it otherwise I would have really been panicking! If I hadnt of had the mmc I probably would have waited until 12 weeks xx
  • Options
    I'll join you for the very long wait... I am due 24 January and will be waiting till the usual 12-14 week scan. Very excited though and obviously nervous as well. I don't know if this can be classed as an up side but I have the most hideous SICKNESS ever, so although I feel and look like crap it must mean somthing is happening??? I have two children already and never suffered a day of morning sickness in either of them, I'm not quite 5 weeks and have had sickness for nearly the last two weeks!!! Who knew you body could bring it on that early!

Heres to a happy and healthy 9 months (minus the sickness image )
  • Options
    I'm waiting too - we just can't justify the expense.

It's going to be a very long six weeks!

Mrs B xxx
  • Options
    im a very impatient person which doesnt help lol in my world a month feels like a year....i used to blame it on being paid monthly lol anyhoo got my booking in first week of june and same midwife as last time so it should all start moving along nicely. we defo couldnt afford a private scan that would mean not eating for a week or two lol looking forward to seeing everyones scan pics image
  • Options
    jm i think ppl are mad for wishing sickness...i have it without the puking which is bad enough. didnt have it with the first either but i was a good bit younger and fitter back then lol
  • Options
    I'll have to wait as well. I did ask for an early scan as I've had 3 mc's in a row but they wouldn't let me. We can't afford a private scan so we shall just have to wait.5 weeks until 12 weeks...not long! Argh, it's ages away.
  • Options
    I think I will be waiting too.... unless I have some bleeding like I did in my last pregnancy! Hopefully not though!

Jmpuk... we are due the same date! I too have an awful sickness feeling at times through the day! I dont remember getting it so early on last time... it was the 2nd trimester and always around the time of my evening meal, so I couldnt eat it! Although I was only sick once or twice.... but I hate the feeling!

Hopefully time will pass quick as we chat away on here!

xx
  • Options
    I honestly didnt know 'morning' sickness happened in the middle of the night!!! What the devil is that all about!!!

Sweet as sugar - glad I have a due date buddy!!! Although i'm sure I'll be two weeks late again, but for now I can dream This one will show up nearer to EDD!
  • Options
    I'll be waiting aswell, as the ??100 for a private scan can go towards getting the house ready for bubs. I think the time will drag until we know our babies are ok.

MS hit me straight away, although I'm just nauseous and not actually being sick. Hope it doesn't last much longer x
  • Options
    im having a right old time of it with sickness this afternoon im sure not helped by having cough although i really fancy ice cream lol might have to nip to the shop later
  • Options
    i can join ya's in the long wait. i too will be waiting til i hit 12/14 weeks for my first scan.

dont know how im gonna wait that long, its gonna be soooo hard, but i cant wait so hopefully time will fly!xx
  • Options
    I'll be waiting for the 12 week scan too Peas, I had an early private scan last time as I was impatient but OH said there's no need to pay out this time and we can just wait the extra few weeks, pooh pooh, they have no idea lol

xx