Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

yaaay i have joined :)

ah im so glad i can actually join one of these now,

ok, so im obviously really really lucky, came of my pill on the 1st/2nd may... and i cant beleive that im pregnant already image i am just so happy, this is my first baby, so i obviously have some worries, i keep getting these pains on both sides of my stomache just above my pelvis, i keep getting assured that its just my body getting used to the changes, has anyone else been getting these?

xhannahx

Replies

• hi i got preg straight from pill as well.....i often get twingey aches think its just stretching and like u say ur body getting used to things.....congrats image
  • ahh ok image and congrats to you too imageimage
  • Congratulations and welcome!

Sounds like a bit of stretching to me, nothing to worry about as long as it's an ache and not a pain.

Mrs B xxx
  • it is actually a pain, sometimes its a ache, other times its a pain :/

xx
  • Congratulations and welcome. I've been getting stabbing pains a but like trapped wind on either side of my lower abdomen. Not sure whether this is stretching or something to worry about. I will ask mw on Fri when I see her.
  • thats exactly how it feels for me... but it isnt there constantly you no, i just really hope it is just stretching pains, it does feel like its stretching, like i can feel my skin expanding, but sometimes it can be a little painful! could u please let me no what your midwife says on friday?

xxx
  • Hey congratulations. I have stabbing pains that started off on one side and then went to other side. I had a scan at 6 weeks to check it was eptopic and everything was fine. Midwife said pain was bean getting comfy etc x x x
  • Yep, no worries. I think its probably just stretching pains. I've had 3 mc's and I has awful cramps but not this. Try not to worry.
  • ah this really puts my mind at rest, thanks guys image

xxx
  • Hi Jan baby, I spoke to mw today and she told me not to worry. Likely to be the ligaments stretching x
  • ah brilliant thanks image xx