Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

early scans bleeding blobs and booking in!

Oh my goodness it has been a tough week. After lots of bleeding i had a scan last friday that showed and empty sack (when i htough it really shouldnt be) then an amazing double of hormone levels on saturday followed by a mahoossiveee bleed where i hoenslty thought there wouldnt be any hope at all but this morning our scan showed some growth and there is now a yolky blob - i am on holiday now but have a scan a week on monday. There was a large area of blood on the scan so if i blled whilst on holiday i really must try not to worry too much.

I also had a booking in appointment this afternoon and my midwife postponed it saying that it is best as i might not need it!!!! My husband was flabergasted at her she was shocking! Any way - looks like we have a blob!

Hope you are all well x

Replies

• Goodness mws need to realise it might be an everyday occurance to them but its not to pregnant women! Good luck honey
  • Sorry you have had a rough week Hun I am sure em will be watching over you and your bean will be just fine. I had to have an early scan due to pain and bleeding. I have my fc for you hun. Mw are so annoying sometimes I should k ow I work with them lol. Hope your managing to rest x
  • Charming! There's nothing as reassuring as a bit of optimism - what a bitch!

Glad you saw your blob and fingers crossed for a tiny little beating heart next time.

Hope you manage to relax and enjoy you holiday.

Mrs B xxxx
  • Yay for the blob, dont like the sound of your mw though, have you got any others that you might be able to see? x
  • Wow, what a horrid MW, I know they see all of these things all the time, and I suppose have to remain detached or they might cry for everyone at some point (I would anyway) but jeez, your a person with feelings and to many hormones what with pregnancy, would it really have hurt her to just do it and hope for the best for you both! Maybe even say a couple of encouraging things? You were booked in anyway!

Well I hope your bleeding stops and bean stays put for another seven odd months x Reading things on here lots of people get bleeding and have totally normal pregnancies after it subsides. Thank goodness they dont all go to see your midwife or we'd have lots of upset mums to be and Angry Dads to be!
  • Yay for the blob, try not to worry too much hun, i had exactly the same, a sac with nothing in, then a massive bleed, then a scan with a yolk sac, then i carried on bleeding for 2 weeks then had another scan and saw the jelly bean with a heartbeat. I also have an area of blood still to come away but it's not happened yet.

Have a lovely holiday.

xx