Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

nurse was horrible :(

ok sorry, but this isnt really important, just need a rant!

went to the family planning clinic on weds just for a reasuring test really, from the minute i walked in there the nurse was really cocky with me, when she asked if my baby was planned i said yes, she tuted and me and rolled her eyes, then asked if i used condoms after i came of the pill, when i said no she rolled her eyes again and said ' oh well that explains everything' she treat me like i was a complete child, i could understand if i was 15-16 but im almost 20!!

she done a test and came up negative, when i explained that i took a CBD she said well obviously it was wrong, she had such a attitude on her that i got really upset, she told me that i should come back in 3-4 weeks :/

however, when i left i went to my chemist and bought another clear blue digital, thankfully it came up positve again,

went to my college nurse today and she took a test for me and that also came up positive, even offered to come to my MW appointment with me image she used to be a MW herself so was very understanding image

she is also putting a complaint in for me about the previous nurse i saw...

sorry for anyone who has wasted there time reading this, just really needed a rant image

hope all is well with you mam-to-be's image

xxx

Replies

• Options
    what a nasty woman ive had similar experiences as this in the past and i sympathise with you.....when i was preg with my first i was only 21 and i went to the docs and he said why are you here...you did a test? thought you would see if the pill worked did you? i almost cried as i was nervous and in shock anyway. These people have obviously been in the job for too long and sadly when working in healthcare sometimes people lose the passion for the job. The worst place for it is the g.u.m clinics they make you feel like a dirty kerbcrawler and all you want to do is look after your sexual health...thankfully though there are some lovely nurses doctors and midwives such as your college nurse image
  • Options
    Hey Jan baby, I totally sympathise with you I got pregnant just before I turned 17 and although my circumstances were different to you eg: I was on the pill and had never thought of having a baby, I was treated like a third class citizen, I found the whole time uncomfortable and was critised for being irrisponsible by some and the rest patronised me when the reality was I had read up on every bit of info I could get regarding pregnancy etc and prob knew more than many of the married twenty something first time Mums. My second son was born when I was 28 and that was a whole different story, I was instantly treated respectfully and although came across the odd midwife/nurse who was a tad rude, I know it was just because thats the way they were not because they took exception to my situation.

Sometimes I feel like I have had the last laugh though as I now have an almost 14 year old who everyone praises, he has impecable manors, is incredibly smart and hard working (and obviously gorgeous, what Mum doesn't think her kids are hey), and I am really close too. I raised him as a single parent from 8 months old and worked two jobs to buy our first house and put myself through uni part time. I have come to the conclusion that its not when you do these things in life, it's how you deal with them, your attitude and your willingness to change to adapt to the situation.

I just wish everyone didn't get tarred with the same brush, stereo types suck :evil:
  • Options
    Ah hun, that nurse sounds awful, both my sisters had babies at 18 and are wonderful mums so don't let her comments get to you.

xx
  • Options
    yeah im not gonna let it bother me too much, she is obviously too wrapped up in her own little world to be happy for anyone :/ personally i think she is in the wrong job!

xx