Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Maternity Exemption Certificates... got yours yet?

Hi Ladies,

Just wondered if any of you have got your maternity exemption certificate yet? I sent my form off 3 weeks ago and i've still not received it, and the nhs website says 10 days! x

Replies

• Options
    No, but I only sent the form off yesterday - oops! I remember it coming through quite quickly last time though.

Maybe give your midwife a call and get her to chase it up.

Mrs B xxx
  • Options
    Mine came through quite quickly hun. Maybe give them a ring and chase it up?

• Options
    What form should I be filling out?
  • Options
    Dumb question time lol, how can I get one? We have free prescriptions here but would be good if it helps with dental treatment etc

Mrs T and bump xxx
  • Options
    MrsT i recently went to the dentist and I just told them i was pregnant and they didnt charge me (normally i would pay) they just asked for my drs details so think they are just going to contact my gp to confirm i am pregnant xx
  • Options
    The form is partially filled by the midwife at your booking in appointment, and then you needy fill in the other half & get it stamped by your doctors surgery before you can send it off. I'm not sure what the form is called but I'm pretty sure it's on the nhs website x
  • Options
    I'd deffo chase it up. I remember mine came fast last time.

Cannot wait to get mine again. It feels sooo good getting something for free for a change rather than paying over ??7 for a prescription image

xx
  • Options
    G/C from DIS but mine took a few weeks to come through (I'd almost forgotten about it). Oddly enough the one time I went to use it the pharmacist looked at me & just said 'I'm taking it your exempt under maternity' & had ticked the box without me showing her my cert, I was stumped.
  • Options
    I got mine a week after going to the drs to say I was pg. Maybe see if you can chase it up x