Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012

bleeding.....!

Morning all,

Having had a dark discharge yesterday, I woke this morning to light bleeding, not as heavy as a period but definitely more than spotting and bright red. so headed to my doctor who has referred me to the Early pregnancy unit for a scan on monday! This weekend is going to kill me, am trying to keep positive, the bleeding has now stopped and if they were worried they would have rushed me striaght in, wouldn't they? But know I'm going to worry all weekend, was really looking forward to this weekend too, as it's hubby's birthday on monday as well, and we were planning to go visit his family on Sunday until Tuesday!

I'm so scared!

Replies

• How far along are you? I also had bleeding at around 4 weeks and everything turned out to be fine. I know it will be a long wait for you but I will have everything crossed for u. I hope this weekend passes quickly for u! xx
  • Oh Cas1980uk - i know it is easy to for me to say but try not to worry. Try to stay positive.

My husbands sons girlfriend bled for 2 weeks straight between 10-12 weeks and she was having scans practically every other day and they now have there happy and healthy baby boy.

Let us know how you get on x
  • I'm 9 weeks on Saturday Alice. With my son I had a bleed around 8 weeks but it was straight after sex so doctor said it was nothing to worry about. This time we haven't had sex for days so can't be that. i'm trying to keep positive, the bleeding has stopped and there's no pain but I think both my hubby and MIL have decided it's gone!

Gonna be a loooooooooooooooong weekend!

Thanks both for your replies!
  • try not to worry hun, it could be nothing, with ds i bled at 8 wks and everything was ok, is there any pain with it??

let us know what happens!!

kel xx
  • No, no pain Kel. It was bit tender this morning when the doctor examined me, but that's all. Have had a lot of achey-ness for the last few weeks across my whole pelvis / hip area but was told this was just everything loosening and stretching!
  • gonna keep my fingers crossed for you hun... make sure you rest and relax this weekend!!

xxxx
  • I wouldn't normally advocate this kind of thing, but having been in your position twice before I know exactly how you're feeling. Sometimes the desperation to know what's going on is too much to bear.

So... if you turn up at your local A&E when your GP is closed and tell them that you're in pain, you're likely to get a scan there and then.

Like I said, I wouldn't normally advocate doing something like that but it's an option if it all gets too much over the weekend.

Keeping everything crossed for you.

Mrs B xxx
  • The problem with that is that they could scan you straight away, see the baby and heartbeat, but you could continue to bleed and lose the baby over the weekend. So you'll have gone through fear, relief then the unthinkable at this stage. It happened to my friend. With my mc they made me an appointment for 6 days after I started spotting and there was nothing left. My friend was scanned straight away, saw the hb, continued to bleed and lost the baby a few days later.

Hope all is well

• i think you should do what ever feels right, although there have been very good points made, only you no if u can wait that long, i went to the hospital with pains a few weeks ago, they done blood tests to make sure it wasnt ectopic and all came back fine...

you said the bleeding has stopped? and your in no pain?

it could just be spotting? maybe a little heavier than spotting?

i know it will be so hard not to worry, but you cant prevent anything from happening, i will and im sure all the other ladies will be praying for you over the weekend,

hope all goes well with you, im keeping everything crossed for you!

xxx
  • Funnily enough 'monkey nuts', my friend gave me the number of the EP Unit this afternoon, and it did cross my mind! Have managed to distract myself all day with work, and my toddler and now off to bed to read my book, I did have an emotional moment in the shower earlier but better out than in!

Ironically was watching Emmerdale earlier and Debbie lost her baby!

Still no bleeding and no pain, just the same achey-ness I've been getting for weeks! It's amazing how many people I've mention it to today who have said they've had bleeding and all has been ok! Going to keep positive and try and survive the weekend!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, I will update you all as soon as i know more!
  • Hope you're ok and still have no bleeding. Keeping everything crossed.

Mrs B xxx
  • Take things easy and rest as much as possible. Try to avoid any heavy lifting (ideally restrict to 15lb max). I had light bleeding throughout my 1st trimester until wk15 when it all suddenly stopped. They think it was due to ligaments tearing with the stretch and movement of my uterus but I'm still here in my 3rd trimester with beany wriggling away to remind me they're still there with me. Best wishes you'll experience much the same.
  • In my previous pregnancy I had bleeding one three occasions (light) and all was ok. I was told to stop having sex for a week and take it easy. Holding thumbs that it was just a false alarm for you xxx

4+2
  • Thanks ladies, good news...... i had my scan on monday and everything is fine, so the doctor said not to worry! They have backdated me slightly, on Monday I thought I was 9+2 but they dated me 8+5 so I'm only 9 weeks today, making my due date 1st Feb!! My booking in appointment and scan next week so get to see little one again then! Was lovely to see it, although hadn't drunk enough (forgot until a few mintues before scan - baby brain!) so had to have an internal scan! But baby was there, strong heartbeat and we could see it kicking its legs, and the doctors said they could see its fingers!

Feeling much happier now!
  • Hi, just wanted to say that i am so pleased everything is ok

you take care x x x
  • Thats fantastic news!
  • Glad all went ok hunni x
  • congrats darling what a relief! i was thinking of you yesterday hoping everything was ok.

xx image