Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Vomiting

Morning!

Past two mornings have become very friendly with the toilet and thrown up my breakfast. This week has been the peak for me, extra nausea and excess tiredness and now this vomiting. I thought it was supposed to get better now at nearly 12 weeks, not worse?!?!

Anyone else still being sick?

Replies

• Options
    Oh your poor thing. I haven't been sick with this pregnancy but have had nausea since 5 weeks, I'm nearly 11 weeks now.

With my DD I was vomiting everyday until 30 weeks, (sorry, not what you want to hear) it's just different for different people and different pregnancies.

If it gets too bad see your GP because there's loads of things that are safe to take and can help.

Hope you feel better soon.

Mrs B xxx

PS.

On the up side, it's a sign of high pregnancy hormones which is a good thing! x
  • Options
    Ahhh hun, make sure you drink lots of fluids. I has nausea but it seems to have eased a lot, i only get it now when i am very tired or hungry.

xx
  • Options
    G/C from DIS but wanted to say don't be fooled by the old wives tales of morning sickness only lasting your 1st trimester and being restricted to certain times of day. I have been fortunate with both of my pregnanies but my sister & a former work colleague had morning sickness 24/7 up until baby popped out. You maybe lucky and it could just be a bug you've caught, see your GP if it persists.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replies.

I thought i'd been lucky too as so far only had nausea and last week felt even that was easing. Then i got the last three days with proper vmiting! Hmmmm, not loving this new routine i must say.

like monkeynuts said tho hpefully its a good sign.

xx
  • Options
    Hi Wispa,

I too have been lucky in both my pregnancies and have only ever felt sick. My friend had terrible sickness up until about 28 weeks and she found that lots of fluids-not plain water as it made her worse, but slightly flat coke or lemonade really helped.

Hope you feel brighter soon

• Options
    Thanks Holly x
  • Options
    There's also some sweets that are meant to be good. Preggypops or something odd..shall google and come back to you!
  • Options
    Yes they are called Preggy Pops. Not the cheapest but again my queasy friend said they were effective. xx
  • Options
    Tesco Value Ice Lollies have been working well for me and they're a bargain - 8 for about 80p!!

Mrs B xxx
  • Options
    Ahh bless a Hun, hope you are feeling better soon.

Monkey nuts now I want an ice pop...ohh lemonade sparkle would go down a treat! Xx
  • Options
    I'm the same. Had very little sickness but lots of nausea, hit 12 weeks and have been throwing up loads. But last night I also started with diarrea sp!!! So think I have a bug. I thought I was going to collapse in the shower too thiis am and had tro come and lie on my bed! Where I still am!
  • Options
    Ah Renee, that sunds awfu hun, hpe yu fee better soon

Excuse my bad typing sme f my keys are paying up!

Nt sure i'm iking the 12week sickness, it's suppsed t be easing nw!

Ice pps sund gd Def try them tm

Grrrr these keys are reay annying

• Options
    HeHe Wispa love that some of your keys are not working. Looks like a right random jibberish post! xx
  • Options
    Hehe cheers cw! I do look like a bit of a nutter. They're working this morn but for how long, who knows?!

Tried a new trick and had a banana in bed and then read for fifteen mins before getting up for breakfast. so far halfway through breakfast and no vomming just yet Fingers crossed!