Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby Clothes

Hiya,

Having a lovely lazy saturday trying to catch up on excess tiredness and sickness so a day in was on the cards.

Washing machine is currently washing a whole load of baby boy clothes that were given to me by a friend of a friend (smell of someone elses house tho so wanted to wash them all, any excuse). Can't wait to hang them all on the line.

Bet i end up having a girl now! hehe..

got some lovely bits tho most brand new or very new inc:

grey snwsuit

yellow baby dressing gown

little trousers

rompers

hat

hoody jumper

Plus all the biege bits i've aready being buying over last few weeks, couldn't resist!!!

Anyone else been super eager and bought clothes already?

xx

Replies

• Hi!

I still have all the clothes from one my daughter was born. A lot of the newborn stuff was in white and neutral colours so will go again for this little one. If we have another girl she wont need anything for ages! Although I'm pretty sure there would be a few new additions to her wardrobe image
  • already planning on buying some bits if all is well at the scan......two long weeks to wait. you never have enough time to buy everything lol image
  • We've got the bits from DS No 1. SIL has also given us a bin bag full of girls clothes as otherwise they were going down the tip!

I'm going to try and be good and not buy anything until 20 or 22 weeks when we know whether we're going to be team pink or blue. If we do have a boy we really don't need anything image, but if it's a girl then I need to sort all the boys from the neutral and sell on what we can't use which will free up some cash for girls clothes (and half our loft!)

Can't wait to buy at least something for them.
  • Wow thats good. I dont want to buy anything until 20 weeks and I am not letting anyone buy anything (both mums and sister) until at least 20 weeks. I WILL BE STRONG! xx
  • i havnt bought anything yet, although i really cant wait, i will be 12weeks on 24th july and intend on starting to buy then image this is my first baby and i am so so mega excited about buying image my sister who's little girl is 11months has loads of clothes/white/beige so on that she has already sorted for me and im getting when i have my scan image

exciting stuff image

xxx
  • We have a loft full of clothes and tonnes of other baby things. If we have another girl she wont need anything for a long time, my LO grew too quickly so a lot of her stuff still has tags on! We also have lots of white and cream so that will defo be lovely to wash it all and hang it out nearer th time. Im not sure if we are gonna stay team yellow or not yet!

I loved chosing everything the first time round! There are a few things we didnt buy as we didnt think we'd need them but Im gonna buy them this time if all goes well!

xxx
  • Well I already have a boy and a girl and I don't throw anything away lol so were pretty sorted thou I can see me buying more stuff anyway!! Can't resist!! Lol xx