Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

mild tum pain..anyone?

hi guys

im trying not to worry but since yest night i have een having mild tum pain like a mild stabbing pain, not too painful but its there. its just above my belly button but to the left.

it happened last night for 5-10 mins, on and off.had a bit this morning and now its happening again. no other symptoms

i went dr this morning for something else and mentoned it. She checked my tum and said its too high to be the baby which was a relief but its still niggling in the back of my mind (i had a silent mc in jan, although i had mild spotting with no pain or cramps)

my scan is on fri so theres no point asking for an early scan i suppose...just could do with some reassurance i suppose!!!

sb

xx

anyone else had this? i hope its a 'twinge' and nothing else

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun,

Try not to worry too much. Could it be wind pain? I've been having quite a bit of wind pain on and off. Does it come and go?

Just try and rest until scan on Fri. I had a knock on my pelvis last week and was worried but there's nothing i could do but wait it out.

Hth?

xx
  • Options
    G/C from DIS but try not to worry, especially if it is high up pain. As suggested by Wispa it could well be trapped wind or slight irretable bowel which are both common in pregnancy. It could also be muscle/ligament cramps with your muscles & ligaments stretching & adjusting to allow growth & movement of your uterus.
  • Options
    Try not to worry (I know it's easier said than done!) it's most likely ligaments stretching. The ligaments that hold your uterus in place attach quite high up. During early pregnancy the blood flow to them increases and they swell in preparation for the extra weight they'll support, plus everything moves about a bit and becomes more stretchy. All these changes can cause pain.

I've had some really sharp stabbing pains that have doubled me over and really taken my breath away, but apparently it's normal! It's eased a bit now (at 11 weeks) but when it was really bad at 8 weeks I had a scan and everything was fine.

I don't remember having them with my DD, but every pregnancy's different.

When I had a MC it was a very different pain, much lower down and like a really intense and constant period pain.

HTH

Mrs B xxx
  • Options
    Thanks you lovely ppl . Trapped wind is what the dr said too!!

Just want to get to Friday! I hope I don't have the same sonographer, she might remind mr of what happened last time .

Am really taking it easy, still in my pyjamas y'know!

Thanks again guys xxxx
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with that - I'm still in my PJs too!

I've already had a morning nap and now DD is asleep again I'm going for an afternoon nap.

The kitchen is a state and I've got wet washing that needs hanging up but I just can't be bothered. It'll get done eventually.

Keeping everything crossed for Friday - I'm sure you'll be fine.

Night night.

Mrs B xxx