Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I have scan envy!!

As the title says I have complete and utter scan envy! I am now nearly 9 weeks and not heard a thing from the midwife. I dont care when my first app is i just want my scan date! im so tempted to book a private scan at 10 weeks just so i can see bubba and make sure everything is fine!

Why does everything seem to take to long! im getting really frustrated!

Anyways i will stop moaning now lol. sorry for the rant just needed to vent my frustration! xx

Replies

• im feeling this too but mainly because i am 12 weeks and all ive been counting down to is being 12 weeks and then they go and give me a scan for whrn im nearly 14 weeks...oh well 12 days to go lol
  • Chase them up Hun if you haven't heard anything. You should at least have a date x
  • Chase them up incase they've misplaced your paperwork or something daft, I'm 9 weeks and have a scan date for 18th July. It came through 4 days after I first saw the midwife so it shouldn't take them long. x
  • Thanks for the replies ladies. I am going to chase them. I havent even seen the midwife yet and i thought by now i would have. xx
  • I could have written this myself!!

Haven't heard anything from midwife, saw her a few weeks ago and she said once she had my paperwork she'd ring me to book the booking in appointment and nothing since!!

Also I had an early scan at EPU two weeks ago so Im desperately wanting my 12 week scan date and once again have had nothing!

I need to know ladies!! hehe

Mrs T and bump xxx
  • I'm one angry pregnant lady today!! spoke to the hospital my first app is the 13th of July when il be 11 weeks but I won't get a scan until 15 weeks!!! "we don't do 12 week scans we only do dating scans at 15 weeks" I'm so upset! I'm defo booking a scan privatly I need to know everything is fine!! my friend recently had a 12 week scan and discovered she was having twins but the both passed away around 9 weeks. I couldn't go through that if I was 15 weeks I'd rather know sooner if anything was wrong. I can't believe the nhs. I'm so angry!!!

MrsT you should call them today and get it clarified when it will be it's a total joke having to always wait about for them! xx
  • Sorry I am completely gatecrashing ur post now but I need to rant over the same thing!!!!! I am 13 wks on mon and until this morn ( wen I chased them ) I had heard nothing!!! I want the nuchal scan done and can only have that up to 13wks 6 days, anyway she dmsed oh yes ur booked in for ties!! Wow if it was that easy y not just ring me and tell me!!!! Lol!!! Still heard nothing from midwife so have no notes or anything yet!!! Great!!!!! Apologies again, I am shutting up now!!! image
  • Rung the hospital this morning, they said they needed my midwife to refer me and they hadn't heard anything from her but my scan should be around 12 days time which would be 11+1.

Rung midwife, no answer yet again!

Rung doctors, they had no appointment for me in her book, so they gave me a time to ring up next Wednesday when she's there so we can clear this all up!!

It's ridiculous, I saw her a few weeks ago and she said she'd be in touch for my booking in appointment and I've heard nothing from her since!!

She knows my dates so don't know why she hasn't refered me for my scan yet, especially as Im quite a worrier and have already had to go to EPU for a scan a few weeks ago due to bleeding that lasted 2 weeks!

Mrs T and bump xxx