Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

dating scan query...

hi all

i was just wondering....as me and hub used ov kit to conceive, im pretty sure i know the conception date..........sooooo....the date they give me at the scan should tally with that innit?

so if they give me a week out, will they be right or not?

sorry if i havent explained myself very well let me know if im not making sense!!

thanks

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hey hun, I wondered this too!!

Hubby and I know the date of conception which actually puts my due date as the day before the LMP due date!

We had a scan at EPU and they put us over a week behind saying we were 6+ at 7+1, so can't wait for our 12 week scan to be more clear.

Midwife said she's just going to go by LMP date anyway lol

Mrs T and bump xxx
  • Options
    I had my 12 week scan and they changed my dates but when they are saying we conceived

Af was around??? Very confusing
  • Options
    You should use the scan date because it's worked out from size, in my experience it roughly matches up with ov date +/- a couple of days. But it takes some babies longer to implant than others.

It's largely irrelevant though, your baby will come when it's ready!

Mrs B xxx
  • Options
    hmmm it is an interesting one.

i often wonder whether i went overdue with my last baby cos they got my dates wrong...if all goes well with my scan on friday, my due date should be 13th jan but i will see what they say!

thanks for the replies girls

i thought my scan time was 11am but just read the letter again and its 3.15, have to wait even longer!!

sb

xx