Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cot / Cot Bed Advice

When you buy your cot or cot bed please, please, please buy one with drop down sides.

I didn't and now I've pulled a muscle in my back and I can't get my 18 month DD in and out of bed - it's a nightmare!

Learn from my mistake ladies!

Mrs B xxx

Replies

• Options
    Ouch hun, hope you're ok xxx
  • Options
    Not really - think we're going to have to take the sides off and I wasn't planning on doing this for ages!

I wish I could have some decent painkillers. image

Mrs B xxx
  • Options
    Get a hot water on you back then change it to ice. Then back hot then cold.

Hope you feel better soon xx
  • Options
    Have you told midwife and asked to see a physio?

Hope you feel better soon, back problems are horrible image

Mrs T and bump xxx
  • Options
    Ah hun, I feel your pain, I did exactly the same thing about 4 weeks ago, I've never felt so much pain to breathe/move/walk and my body physically wouldn't let me sneeze! I was crying like a baby. I've had to be really careful not to do it again, my litle girl will be 2 on 1st August so I've tried to encourage her to walk everywhere, where as before I was carrying her a lot and she's going in her big girl bed as soon as her new room is finished-about 2 weeks.

Definitely rest, take paracetomol and hot water bottle, hope it gets better soon x x
  • Options
    ouchy ouch - hope it feels better tomorrow.

drop sides were a big part of our decision but meant we had a cot and not a cot bed - which has actually worked out really well with toby going into big boys bed and little one going in the cot.

Any way lots of rest and chocolate really helps it is said x