Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Names

Hello ladies,

I no we have a little while to go yet but has anyone had any thoughts about names. We are staying team yellow so im keen to have a little selection for when little legs eventually arrives but DH and i cannot agree on anything lol. His on suggestion is Emilie Grace for a girl or Ethan James or Cameron James for a boy.

So we come up with a list of possibles;

Emilie Grace

Abigail

Isabelle (izzy for short)

Cameron james

Ethan james

Calum

Jack

I wanted something different but not to unusal but everything i suggest he hates, i dont want our child to be the 7th jack in the class. How u ladies getting on ?

Em + little legs

(15 wks today!)

Replies

• Yup, we've pretty much got names sorted. Got about 4 or 5 for a boy to play with (first name pretty set, it's the middle two that we're still playing with) and about 4 for a girl (again, first name is pretty much set).

We've had some names in mind since before DS1 was born and we had a discussion a few days after I found out I was pregnant just to check our latest thinking. Thankfully we're pretty much on the same wave length with names - there are very few that one has liked and the other hated.
  • I've got a shortlist but DH is undecided - he didn't like DD's name until she was born though but he was in such a state he would've let me call her anything!

For boys I like:

Rufus

Stanley

Sidney

his middle name will be Matthew.

For girls I like:

Polly

and we haven't got a girl's middle name yet.

This will probably change completely by the time it's born!

Mrs B xxx
  • we have a name for each bethany or archie i did like archie to start with but not so much now but seeing as i blagged him for days to like it i will have to stay put as its much better than some of the names he has come up with so far.....hopefully it will be a girl cos i love bethany and id like to buy some different things this time :roll:
  • not even thought about names yet but should really bring the subject up as hubby and i never agree on names, i was actually in labour and was still arguing over names! safe to say i got my own way thou image hehe!! i have loads of girls names i like and hubby likes too, we like old fashioned names that are different but not weird, its boys names we have trouble agreeing on!!! my little boy is called cameron so i am bias on that name!! image

xx
  • I obsessively look at national satatistics website to see whats got popular lol! I'm a teacher and wouldt hate for my chilld to be the 3rd in the class with the same name! And that happens a lot with the popular names.

We like susannah, heidi, Cara for girls and Lucian is the only one we can agree on for a boy.
  • hiya

yeah we've been thinking about names for yonks! AS usual i have heaps of girls names that i love (Emmanuella and Isemay are my faves at the mo) but not really any boys names. We had the same problem the last time so i was delighted to have a girl!! I'm hoping this one is a girl too!! I'm finding the baby boy naming really difficult. I like unusual names, hubby doesn't therefore we have a problem! I like Sebastien but hubs hates it. He likes Finn and I do too but i think Finley is just so popular and too similar that it would annoy me. I also like Ezekiel (zeke)but he hates it.

One boy name we can agree on is Joey which i love. Don't like Joe but i think Joey is cool.

And so the dilemma continues ....

Rach x
  • Hubby and I like Lucas for a boy and Seren for a girl. Also Harry or Spencer, I'm loving the name George at the moment but hubby not so keen. Lily-Rose is another girls name we like image

it's so difficult picking just one name!! Don't want them to hate it!

Mrs T and bump xxx
  • Hello Ladies,

So we are pretty much set on Ruby or Scarlett for a girl and Stanley for a boy.

xx
  • So many pretty and unusual names, we've had a proper chat and definately having emilie for a girl and ethan for a boy with middle names still to be decided image
  • We can't agree at all! image Have stopped discussing it until we've found out the sex so then we have less to think about!