Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Happy, Happy, Happy

Well just got back from test driving buggys. We have narrowed it down to the icandy cherry and the Quinny. Think hubby prefers the icandy so we will have to see what we decide. But we did end up buying something which I didn't want to do until after the 20 week scan but if we didn't we would have been kicking ourselves. As we were about to walk out of the door I noticed the lollipop lane nursery. It was ex display and they just needed to get rid because of there new stock. It was the claydon range and included the cotbed, wardrobe, changer/dresser shelf and mattress ??2000 - ??699. It was lovely and such a good price. So we brought it. If we hadn't we would have been so annoyed with ourselves and been thinking constantly about it. I always wanted white nursery furniture but at that price I wasn't going to argue. Its solid oak so hoping it will last for sometime. We then went to an outlet baby store and they had the same range ??2100-??1500 so we are extremely pleased with our bargain nursery. I have wanted the lollipop lane nursery but never thought we would get one because of the price. Happy, happy, happy image xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Bargain! I keep thinking about nursery furniture and what we're going to do. We have a cot but nothing else. And we'll be moving house so I can't get anything sorted yet! Boo hoo!
  • Options
    Thanks hun, we are looking to move, and I really hope we can before bubba arrives as dont want to decorate a nursery to move a little while later xx
  • Options
    I have the icandy cherry. Its deasd easy to push on flat surfaces but not good at all on gravel etc. The hood is also rubbish. I nearly got the babystyle oyster at the time and wish I had! Its got good features I didn't realise it had when comparing in the shop.
  • Options
    we shall just be having a cot......its nice to have the other stuff but with an older child i dont think he would appreciate nursery furniture in his room lol....good buy tho, apart from the buggy thats prob the same as my whole baby budget...or more lmao
  • Options
    Hmm Renee thanks for pointing that out about the cherry and gravel. I liked the peach too that had bigger wheels but I didnt like the colours it came in.

GP the nursery furniture is oak so when the child is older it wouldnt look like nursery furniture. We would just take the changing top part away. But by the time the baby is older hopefully we will have another so can be reused x
  • Options
    OOh exciting!! We're off to testdrive pushchairs today. I've been looking at the Quinny so it will be interesting to see what I like in the flesh so to speak.

We will only be getting a cot as we've already got two oak wardrobes and chest of drawers in that room. I won't be bothering with a changing unit either (another expense not needed). As much as I'd love all these things, finances dictate and Baby J won't know the difference as long as it#s decorated nicely. But what a great bargain.

I just managed to get a tommee tipee microwave bottle steriliser (brand new) off ebay for ??10.50 (worth ??35). I plan to breastfeed but I will need bottles at some point whatever happens, so chuffed with that.

Fingers crossed CW that you move before baby comes x
  • Options
    im going for the boots steam steriliser as the bottles are great and a bargain as well....plus easy to get new teats for as its boots and there are boots everywhere...i plan to bottlefeed again so will need to have good equipment to hand lol
  • Options
    The furniture sounds amazing image

So far we've just got a few babygrows and 2x comforters, we know roughly what we want to get but we'll be moving just before Christmas so will get it all in the last few weeks (hope baby isn't early!!!) No idea what to get for baby to sleep in though, we like the Saplings Katie crib but not sure whether or not to just start off with a cot, I really wish we could buy stuff though, we want a Stokke Xplory and I so can't wait to push it around the house!!!!! Arghh I feel so unorganised!!

xxx
  • Options
    we only having cot to put moses basket in to start with...newborns seem so lost in a great big cot....i feel the moses basket is a waste of money but nicer for baby for the first couple of months
  • Options
    We got given a moses basket near enough brand new as baby was only in it for not even 6 weeks. Was thinking of getting a crib but our friend said she was going to lend us hers so thats good. xx