Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone still suffering with morning sickness?

Just wondered if there were any lovely jan 2012 ladies still suffering with morning sickness now we're around the 20 week marker?

Mine came back over the weekend pretty horrendously, and i'm really struggling to cope. I was lucky enough to get a couple of weeks of not being sick, but no appetite, but now the sickness has joined my no appetite again.

Yesterday was particularily bad, with me only eating 3/4 of a slice of bread for breakfast, a couple of onion rings for lunch, and shortly after I brought both back up, and then 1/4 of a can of veg soup. That was it!

I can't be the only one suffering surely? I can't get into the docs til wednesday evening to get some medication, so I'm hoping that I can beg the consultant at my scan tomorrow to sort me out with something. x

Replies

• I never really suffered with sickness but definitely with nausea in the mornings, and I still have that now. I have to be really careful when I clean my teeth as often gag, and have got a cough at the moment and if I cough too much feel like I'm going to be sick!

hope you're feeling better soon, or the GP can help!
  • Yeah coughing is a big trigger for me, along with sneezing, burping and even yawning! x
  • you aren't the only one! my morning sickness never left. I was given cyclizine at 10 weeks and I have been taking if ever since. if I don't take the tablet within 30 mins of waking up I will be sick. silly me on saturday morthing thought 'i feel great I won't take the tablet this morning' then I was sick within an hour. The worst thing is the tablets make me very sleepy so I don't like taking them but I have to.

I really hope you can get something soon. have u spoke to ur midwife to see if she can get u anything? if u explain that u can't hold anything down they will need to do something as u need to keep ur energy levels up. Also good luck with ur scan!! I have another week to wait image xx
  • The crap thing is, my midwife is only available at my docs on an alternate wednesday morning for 3 hours, and her caseload is twice as big as it should be, so you literally have to book weeks in advance. I already have my next checkup at 26 weeks booked in!

I am lucky however, that my doctor is very good, and he's pretty sympathetic so hopefully he'll sort me out if the consultant won't.

Can you drive when you take the cyclizine if they make you drowzy? x
  • Yep me!! Alice Im like you, have been on the cyclizine since early days! If I forget to take one I can be guaranteed Im suffering with sickness for the nxt couple of days! I dont go anywhere without my cyclizine or a bottle of peptac anymore!!

Did you see your dr lady is broody?

Hope you guys are feeling a bit better.

xxx
  • Yep I saw my doctor & I've been diagnosed with reflux & put on mucogel to help. So far I've only been sick twice, once being coz I coughed I little too enthusiastically and once today during my gtt test! FYI, the gtt liquid does not taste like lucozade & you're doing well if you manage to keep it down! X