Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

2nd timers (or even 3rd or 4th)!

Hello ladies,

Do any of you already have one child and are worried about how you're going to cope with two? I've been having panics the last two weekends about it. My hubby is a chef so works Wednesday - Sundays so is not around in the evenings or all day on the weekends. My son is 30 months old and extremely busy and energetic. I'm only 19 weeks but already feeling uncomfortable and tired most days, I can't imagine how I'm going to have the energy to take him out when I'm 30+ weeks, or with a newborn, and I don't want him to feel sidelined.

I know its a case of I'll just have to cope but it's still bothering me quite a bit!

Replies

• Ahh hun, try not to worry you'll adapt and it's a few months away your little boy might calm down a touch when it starts getting darker earlier - you'll just have to take your breaks when you can.

I'm more worried about once baby is here, my little boy has just turned 19 months and will only be 22 months when the baby gets here, he loves a mummy cuddle and i'm not sure what he'll be like when he has to share me.

xx
  • Thansk Mildred. My son is also pretty cuddly and doesn't normally like it if I hold my nephew, who's only a bit younger than him. Last weekend though I was holding my friends 8 months old little girl a lot, and he didn't bother at all. I'm hoping it's because he knows she's still a baby, wonder if he'll feel differently once he knows baby is there to stay!
  • Thansk Angie, willkeep that in mind! x