Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012

20 Week scan today! eeep!

Very excited that its our 20 week scan today. We're hopefully going to find out whether its a boy or girl. Well, that is if hubs will give me a yes or no answer!

Quick question - do we need a full bladder for it? my bubs likes bouncing on my bladder quite frequently so it could be an issue if he/she decides its bouncy time :roll: x

Replies

• Probably replying too late - but a full bladder isn't necessary with the 20 weeks scan and everything is bigger and has moved up out of the pelvis.

Good luck - I've got mine tomorrow!!

Mrs B xxx
  • well they say you need a full bladder but i think it depends on the position of the baby in all honesty. i ended up having to go to the loo during my scan because bubs has his hands on his face and wouldn't budge. when i came back in, we could still him perfectly! Good luck hun! x
  • Hey!

I have my 20 week scan today too image

I had a private 16 week gender scan and didnt have a full bladder so you should be fine not to.

Hope bubba all ok and you get to find out the sex!

Rxx
  • 20 week scan went good, but we've got to go back in 2 weeks because the baby was being stubborn & not laying in the right position for them to get all the heart measurements & pictures. Baby was stubborn and wouldn't move its legs so we couldn't find out the sex. The scanner said she thought it was a certain sex, but wasn't entirely confident so said to wait til the next scan to see for sure x