Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012

Maternity swimwear

Hi all!

Nice to read how everyones getting on

I had a long labour last time so I'm determined to be more active this time

I'm due to start swimming next tues (even though I can't swim lol)

I intended to walk around the water or aerobics....

Can anyone recommend where I can get good maternity swim suit? I just want to order or buy a good one without trapsing around shops or trying on.I have a toddler which makes shopping a nightmaare lol

any recommendations ? Thanks xxx

Replies

• Hey I went to aquanantal last night and some people couldn't swim there so you will be ok joining a class if there is any in your area. I really wish I had started earlier as I really enjoyed it and feel it has done my body good. As for maternity swimsuit I just wore my normal bikini and it appeared most others did too but mothercare and mama s and papas do them but they are expensive x
  • You can get away with a bikini if you don't mind showing off your bump (you normally won't be alone as this can be cheaper than maternity wear) Next.com have a swimwear section in maternity
  • if you dont want to break the bank they have some half decent ones in matalan....we just not going swimming for a while which sucks but dont wanna pay out money for a few months wear and mnight only get used once a month.....they are about 12 pound in matalan
  • As ever thanks for the advice girls!

I don't wanna shell out so I might just go to matalan , a friend said there's not much difference between mat swim suit and normal

I'm a bit of a prude so can't opt for the bikini option! Lol

looking forward to getting in the pool so will get my skates on

haver even bought any mat clothes. I'm just wearing maxi dresses!

Bought a load from clearance section on boohoo.com got some at just ??6.80!

Sorry I'm going off the point now but thanks again girls!

Sb x
  • the maternity ones have ruched sides or the tankinis are joined with a stretchy front believe me the normal tankinis do you no justice with a bump and keep riding up and cutting into middle of bump lol
  • I've been wearing my normal tankini and my bump only pokes out a bit.

I have got a proper maternity swimsuit from when I was pg with DD but I only got it for the boob support! I got it from Figleaves as I needed proper cup sizes and it was an extortionate ??30 but at least I can wear it again this time as my boobs are ballooning again!

Figleaves often have really good bargains in the sale section.

Mrs B xxx
  • Hi all

just to let u know I tried all the places u recommended, and ended up buying a new Next maternity swimsuit from eBay. I was 10.99!

I'm just hoping it fits etc as I flit from 8 to 10 size I hope the size 10 one I ordered isn't too big!

Can't wait to get into that pool!

Been getting backache recently so it may just help

xx
  • I've used this site in the past for maternity swimwear:-

http://www.simplymaternity.co.uk/maternity-swimwear/ as it has some from different online retailers. Hope this helps in the future. By the way if you are having back ache have you tried a maternity belt, again http://www.maternitybelt.org.uk is a good site if you don't want to trapse the shops image