Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012

bargain hunt

lol just won a brand new still sealed in bag moses basket for seven pound on ebay lol...gotta pick it up which will cost me a few quid but still very chuffed save me at least 15 quid and i didnt wanna splash out on one as it wont be used for long image

Replies

• Brilliant!!!!!! Love a bargain!!! image xx
  • Congrats!

Funny u should say that I just collected a carrycot from a friend today that she no longer needed , really good condition . I just need to get a mAttress although she just used a few blankets!

So thats my Moses basket sorted image

now I need to hunt for a cot. I was thinking of waiting for Christmas sales for that but I might be pushing it as baby due 12th jan (I was planning to use carrycot for downstairs only)

can't wait to start nosing around the shops I'm holding off til I'm about 30 weeks

xxxx
  • i have a pram carrycot but dont wanna haul it upstairs everyday as its quite heavy...also heard bad things about using them at night due to ventilation etc. Couple of weeks ago we had nothing for baby but thanks to my sisters babies and the asda baby event ive nearly got everything lol.....we are always skint so prob a good thing x
  • Bargin! I got a maxi cosi cabriofix car seat off A friend, it was used in there 2nd car so still brand new!

Southernbelle - not sure how much ur looking to spend on a cot but we've just got the aurea cotbed from babies r us for ??150 instead of ??250 and the matress was ??80 instead of ??60. Also, i've joined there mum & baby club n got quite a few discount vouchers thru via post and email for them!

Also joined boots parenting club and got a shed load of vouchers - last weekend got ??50 worth of baby stuff for just ??17 image

I love bargin hunting!