Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

We brought ourselves a pram!

Eeeek icandy Strawberry travel system purchased, (which is ironic as I am allergic to strawberrys!) Not due out until January so baby will more than likely be here before pram but they have said it could be in before but I'm not counting on it. Got the maxi cosi cabrio car seat free but we paid an extra ??25 and got the maxi cosi pebble car seat (same as Harper Beckham apparently!) We can have the car seat 6 weeks before the baby is due. We didnt know if to go for the icandy cherry but I wanted to hold on unti I saw the Strawberry. The shop get their shop model in in November so we can go and see the fabric, (as didnt see finished article as was the prototype) but they have said if for an reason we change our mind we can change to the icandy cherry and they will refund us the difference. We have brought it in the black colour, I do like the red but the cherry looked really smart in the black so hoping the strawberry will too. So excited that one of the main things is ticked off our list. xx

http://www.discountbabyequip.co.uk/images/_lib/icandy-strawberry-carrycot-black-32335-0-1302797960000.jpg

http://www.discountbabyequip.co.uk/images/_lib/icandy-strawberry-stroller-black-32340-0-1302797960000.jpg

Replies

• Options
    g/c from DID but I love this! We have the icandy apple from DD so will be using that again when baby comes, but I love how the new strawberry one looks. Wish we had that instead!
  • Options
    Yay! It looks lovely CW. We went for the mamas & papas sola and I can't wait to push bubs around in it.

Have you got much else? We have all the main bits, just need to decorate the nursery. I don't think there'll actually be anything left for friends and family to buy!
  • Options
    Oh i love it and serious pram envy! I wanted the icandy but hubby said no, so we have the mothercare my3 in twill which i also love but not as much as the icandy cherry!
  • Options
    That's nice - very nice. If only it was a double I would be really tempted.

I'm waiting for Quinny to announce their new one. I'm lucky in that I'm getting one to test and hoping that it will be a double so I don't need to get a baby jogger city select.

Looks like the announcement on the Quinny will be on Thursday via FB. Link below to their page if you're interested in being amongst the first to find out.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/quinny.uk
  • Options
    Thanks girls

GP hey Hun, how's you? Think we have all the main bits but still loads to get! Have all our nursery furniture and stored at the in laws. Flat on the Market at the mo so decorating the nursery will be the very last thing. We may even do it after baby is here as will be in with us for 6ish months. The sola is lovely did you get it with the funky spotty inside? Think it is like a fudge colour I saw it in. My mum keeps saying we are buying everything and there wont be anything left to buy xx
  • Options
    I have the cherry
  • Options
    Hey CW

Keeping my fingers crossed for a swift sale and move for you before baby CW arrives.

As we don't know the sex, we went with the black but we haven't bought the footmuff etc yet so that we can accessorize more according the the sex. My favourite was the magenta but thought that might look a tad odd if we have a boy. x
  • Options
    Looks like we'll be getting a Baby Jogger City Select so we can have a double. Quinny have released details of their new pushchair and it's a single. Looks like the buzz but is supposed to have quite a few improvements. It will be great to test it but not fully going to suit our needs once baba is born. Thankfully they do a black frame and some different colours!

http://s2.madeformums.com/uploads/images/large/27650.jpg

• Options
    I have the bj city select! For toddler and tiddler. I've used it once as a single and once when we bought it with both seats on (but one with stuff on rather than a baby!)
  • Options
    Oh basscl I love that, I love it in White too x