Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

baby gone quiet?

Hiya all, im 21 weeks and have been feeling her moving from 19wks, she was getting really active so kind of got used to felling her however the last 2 days she has been quiet still the odd very light kick here and there but not like it was, do you think its anything to worry about or do i just have to learn to relax! all was well at 20 wk scan but just panick alot after previous mc x

Replies

• i think as they still have plenty of room at this stage then if they turn the other way you cant feel it as much...i also find that somedays i dont really notice as im so busy and active
  • I would agree with GPAC hun. I have some days where I don't notice as much movement and some where it's much more. I am now 24 weeks and feeling bubs a lot more but a few weeks ago I was having the same panic as you. You can check with your midwife but I think they say you start to get regular movements after 25-ish weeks.
  • Sometimes they sit in a different position so you cant feel them as much. If you are worried try laying on your side, drinking cold water or having a little bit of chocolate xx
  • downing a bottle of cola makes mine wriggle loads although not the healthiest option....but doesnt hurt now and again lol
  • thanks ladies she seems to be back to normal again now, wish i could just learn to relax and stop stressing! x