Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Laundry and getting organised

Hope your all well and enjoying the last few weeks of pregnancy and preparing for babys arrival!

Im 30+ wks with our 2nd baby I have been looking out all the stuff we used before. Have any of you ladies started washing bits? Also things like moses basket covers and crib bedding ready for when baby comes home. Im very OCD when it comes to my laundry and theres no way I'd have anyone else do it while Im in hospital!

The new stuff also needs washed.... Im doing the babys hospital bag, have you washed things for that already and put them in? I just cant decide if its too early or not.

xxx

Replies

• GC from DID but im going to start mine soon. Im due on xmas eve so its almost jan image

Im the same, I wouldnt want to get caught out and have to let someone else do it.... even worse if hubs tried image hehe!xxx
  • I have washed all the new born clothes and bibs, socks and blankets etc. Need to get some more non bio tablets before I do any more. Wont be washing the crib or cot sheets until closer to the time though plus we are not getting the baby furniture in the nursery until the weekend before xmas. Have been sent home from work today and ordered to put my feet up by the hospital as had a little bit of bleeding but think I am going to pack hospital and baby bag. I just feel like I dont know where to start though xx
  • I'm so unorganised and haven't bought anything yet. planning to decorate DS's bedroom at end of month and baby will be sharing with him, so haven't pulled anything out of storage yet either. So right now apart from the obvious bump, you wouldn't think we were expecting a baby!
  • I've been signed off work at the mo so I've pretty much done everything! Trying to fill my time - there's only so much daytime TV I can take.

The nursery has been finished for ages and everything is washed. I've not put the bedding on the cot or moses basket though. We've actually left the mattress in the wrapping at the mo.

The hospital bags are pretty much packed with the odd bits to be packed nearer the time.

CW, hope you're okay. Take it easy. Have you managed to find a new house yet?
  • Hi,

I'm 32 weeks with my 2nd and I've just started washing everything this week. To be honest I'm a bit out of control with it - I've even ironed all the muslins!

I washed it all when I put it away about a year ago but I'm feeling the need to wash it all again - even down to the car seat cover.

I won't be making any beds or taking the mattress out of it's wrapping until the baby arrives though.

Hospital bag is pretty much packed and will be finished by the end of next week.

I don't think it's too soon but I'm convinced this baby is coming early.

Mrs B xxx
  • Thanks for all your replies..... sounds like I better get on with it, there is lots to wash! I have left the crib mattress in the wrapper and wont make up the crib or moses til we get home from hospital.

CW hope your okay, how are you feeling now?

Gingerpoodle I hope your okay too!

This baby will be sharing with our little girl and I have cleared out some space in her room.... so far baby has a drawer and the cupboard as DD has a wardrobe.

I also think I may have a late Dec baby as my bump has dropped and the braxton hicks are strong and I get occasional cramping!

xxx
  • I have pretty much washed and ironed everything and packed babies & my hospital bag too!

We havent bothered with the nursery really, just got a swinging crib for our room & put the cot up in bumps room, mattress's are still in wrappers but its all been put together.

I stupidly agreed to getting the bathroom done so am currently living among dust, tiles and a half fitted bathroom suite & its driving me nuts!

CW hope ur ok? Take it easy!

E x