Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Lighting Pains

Hello ladies,

How are u all doing? I'm 33 wks tomorrow and getting what the midwife called this morning 'lighting pains' due to babies head engaging! They started last night are not particularly painful but are enough to take my breath away so i rang this morning incase i needed to be checked out.

This is my first baby so when i noticed them last night i started panicing! Is anyone else getting them or had then in previous pg's! Is there anything i can do to ease them apart from rest and lie in the bath...there pretty uncomfortable!

Em & little hippo

32+6

Replies

• Hi butterflies. What do the pains feel like?
  • There funny & hard to explain! There not painful & not regular just feels like babies gunna fall out but like someones moving my cervix about at the same time.

They literally only last seconds but are strong enough to make me think i need to stop & rest. image
  • yeah i've had something similar. weird isn't it?! ahhh it;s our bodies gearing up for the big day, how exciting! x
  • Glad i'm not the only one! I've had them all bloomin weekend although today they havent been as bad.

If i go to the mife nxt week & babies heads not engaged i will be having words with the little monkey!

Not long to go now ladies - the end is in sight! image woohoo x