Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

can't get excited about christmas?

Hey girls

Does anyone feel the same way? i usually LOVE the festive season but i can't seem to get excited or concentrate on anything but baby's imminent arrival. Am also cleaning obsessed. i just can't stop tidying and spraying the bathrooms LOL !!

I think maybe it's because i can't enjoy a few wines and beers this year. The whole no alcohol thing hasn't really bothered me at all this pregnancy but it's just not christmas without a few wines is it?

AM also trying to avoid chocolate like the plague as i don't want the baby to get huge and be harder to push out!

God i sound boring and miserable don't i? I'm really not! honest.

roll on the birth of our gorgeous babies - can't wait!

Hope you all have a lovely christmas and the big man in red brings you some surprises

Rach x

Replies

• I have to admit I'm looking forward to Christmas and New Year being over!
  • I'm exactly the saem hun, usually love xmas and am like a big kid but i just so so wanna meet bubba that its taking over all my thoughts. x
  • I'm struggling too. I'm trying to make Christmas really special for my DD who's 2, but I actually just want to get it out of the way and get the baby here. I feel like I've been pregnant for about 4 years and I'm fed up with waiting, I just want to get on with it.

Luckily we're just having a quiet Christmas with only my Mum visiting, which is good but it doesn't help with the non-festive feelings because I keep thinking things like... 'Let's not bother with crackers, it's only the four of us.'

My Mum's arriving this afternoon so maybe she'll spark some festiveness.

Mrs B xxx
  • Me too...i've had enough! And if one more person says babies coming xmas day i'm gunna scream! S/he's not due for another 2 weeks and if baby has any sense will stay tucked up for longer just to get some peace! Haha.

I sound like a right miserable cow but our extended families are driving me crazy and on top of not sleeping, being the size of a house & been checked on every 2 seconds i just wanna go to sleep & wake up when baby arrives.

Looking forward to xmas morning just me & OH, as its our first xmas together as a married couple! Dreading the rest of it though!

Have a fab xmas ladies!
  • ah it's good to know i'm not the only one lol! SLightly freaked out today....saw the midwife who tells me i'm measuring 40 weeks when i'm only 38 - shiiiiiiiit! She had a good feel and said 'it's all baby, no water' and ' he's a fair size' so i BEGGED her not to let me go overdue! She's made an appt at the hospital for Jan 4th which is 2 days over due for an assessment. if he's big, they will induce me. I was 10 days over last time and she was 8 lbs so i really don't want to go over with a boy.

so in the meantime i've decided to take matters into my own hands. i told hubbie, forget tonight's casserole. it's pineapple and sex !!!
  • Hehe I was speaking to a mum at my Playgroup last week and she swears three fresh pineapples in a row got her labour started when she had her girl!!

Good luck sweety, u might be the first January mummy to pop!

• I love Xmas but can't get into the spirit as much as

Usual! Luckily my 5 yr old and 2 yr old are making me abit excited as they are bouncing off the Walls!!! Thou i feel so tired all day then can't sleep at night! Everyone is winding me up saying baby will be born on Xmas day which would be my worst nightmare! So keeping my legs firmly crossed!!! Lol xxx
  • Ahh Butterflies, you sound just like me. I am now ignoring the phone as my mother and mother in law keep ringing to see how I am - I'm fine and we will let you know when the baby is born so go asway - grrrr!!

We're at home alone as well but popping to my sister in laws in the morning just to see the kiddies open their presents. So glad I won't be there all day!

Have a great Christmas everyone. A friend that was due the same day as me had her baby two days ago!!