Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012

2 days away drom due date!eekkk!

Hi ladies, I haven't been on for ages, hope we are all well. I'm 39 + 4 and still no sign. My first was a week early too! I've been taking my raspberry leaf tablets, I don't want to be over due, as that'll mean numerous stretch and sweeps. I've been on my birthing ball, bouncing away every night.

I'm terrified though, as much as I want to meet my little princess now, I'm so scared, as this time I know whats coming. Its really affecting my sleep.

How exciting though too, I wonder who'll be the first?

Jen xx

Replies

• Eekk exciting Jen, I have 6days until my EDD. Hope it is in the next two days but don't think that will happen think I'm going to be late. I have been bouncing too but I don't think that is going to do anything for me image
  • It's my dd today and nothing image hope everyone is well x
  • It's so annoying isn't it. We spend our lives trying to be in control and this is one thing we just cannot control. My due date is in 2 days and no sign yet.

I've been going for a long walk every day and even went for 2 yesterday in the hope it would start something. Been vigorously bouncing on my ball as well but this baby is quite clearly not ready yet. This worries me as it was already measuring over 8lbs at 38 weeks and as much as I have tried, I just can't resist the chocolate!! I think this is going to be a late and heavy baby...ouch!!
  • hey my dd is tomorrow. i've been getting some pelvic pressure and pains for the last few hours and i keep going to the loo. this is how it all started with my daughter. that said, i can't quite believe that i could actually have a baby on the day - what are the chances? it's about 8 % i think so i reckon he's just teasing me.

I'm kinda excited as i am desperate to meet the little lad but at the same time, i know what's coming painwise so i don't want it to start!!

still doesn't seem real

R x
  • Wow babyvogue,

Sounds promising! Good luck if it is and keep ur mind on meeting ur lil boy it might help ease the pain

Take care, very excited for u

Xxx
  • nothing to report! little monkey is clearly teasing me! however i have appt at the hospital tomorrow to assess size so i'm going to beg them to induce me as i ain't going two weeks over no way!