Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Contractions

Morning ladies,

Just while i'm rocking back & forward on my birth ball thought i'd post a quick msg! I'm having strong regular contractions....woohoo! I've been like this since about 12.30 n cant sleep or even attempt to sleep thru them!

7 mins apart at the minute & last 40 seconds! Major ouch but i keep thinking its gunna get worse than this so keep breathing! Have left DH in bed so at least one of us has had some sleep! I hope to god this is it & its not going to stop!

Good luck ladies!

E x

Replies

• Options
    Ooh good luck!! I can't sleep. Had some period cramps but nowt more than that but I'm bouncing on my ball hoping to get things going.

Hope to see some good news soon x
  • Options
    Good Luck girls!!! x
  • Options
    Eeekk good luck Girlys xxx
  • Options
    Good luck, good luck image

My contractions with my son started 7 mins apart so hopefully not long for you now!

Rxx
  • Options
    Oooh good luck!! x
  • Options
    Good luck. Hope it's all going well for you.
  • Options
    good luck hun!!!! image xx
  • Options
    Im still here image they went to 3 mins apart n lasting 40 seconds so when in and was told i was 1cm dialated n my cervix was still high! That was at 9am this morning.

They are noW anywhere between 5 & 7 mins apart again last 40 seconds n very intense. Have lost my plug so hoping this stubborn little monkey gets a shift on! Trying to pass the time atm...OH hasnt gone to work coz i wouldnt let him leave me!

E x
  • Options
    Good luck with everything.

Why is it that the monkeys think sometime in the early hours is the perfect time to start coming....labour with my first started at just gone midnight image

MM

39+2
  • Options
    G/C but most women enter labour overnight & often during a full moon (something to do with lunar energies). For it to be active labour contractions are normally within 3mins apart & last a good 90secs literally taking your breath away. Good luck ladies, you aren't too far off.
  • Options
    Oh no butterflies. Hopefully it will speed up a bit. Nowt from me. Mw said I was 1cm dilated yesterday but there's nothing happening. The most activity I get is when I'm walking but having been on a 3 1/2 mile wall today, there's only so much walking I can do.

Good luck butterflies. I really hope it happens soon. I feel your frustration even if I'm not feeling the pain yet.
  • Options
    How frustrating for you ladies. Hope things get going for you both soon! Good Luck

xx