Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Stuck with names, please help.

Hi ladies, some of you may remember me from my first pregnancy but i havent posted much this time round. I am hoping you will give your opinion to see if it helps me to decide on a name for my baby.

I am expecting a little boy in 3 weeks time and hubby and i just cant seem to stick with a name for him. At the moment we are debating between the name Joshua or Dylan.

Please can you let me know your opinion on both names?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

xxx

Replies

• I love both and they're both on my list but hubby doesn't want either.. which sounds best with your surname?
  • Don't worry, you'll know which is right when you meet him.

Mrs B xxx
  • hey hun

cute names. I once read in a book ( and i think it's great advice!) that you should try yelling the name out really loudly ( think little boy in the park and you want to get his attention). So think DYL - AN, JOSH - UAAAAAA - yell it out 5 times. see which one you prefer. it definitely helped me decide!

good luck

Rach x
  • Haha Babyvogue thats good advice!

I think they are both lovely, think I prefer Joshua though. Would you be happy for it to be shortened to Josh though? Dylan you cant really shorten can you? Which sounds better with your surname? Any middle names?

We're in the same situation but for girls names. We have a family name for a boy which is Harry James.

Our DD was nameless for 3 days as we couldnt decide or agree.

xxx
  • I don't like dylan at all, but that's because of my job! As a teacher many names are just out lol! I had 4 joshua's in one class too this year. We're having the same issue with names and I'm due sunday.