Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

slooooooow early labour

The title says it all really. I went for a sweep this morning and I've had cramps ever since. Contractions started at about 3pm and theyve been around 3 minutes apart but just strong period pain cramps.

I had to go to hospital to have a scan in early labour to makesure baby still head down as was breech. All fine with that. Internal exam shows I'm only 1cm dilated but fully effaced. So sent home which is fine as id rather be at home.

The pain is getting worse but I know its going slowly. I don't think I'm going to be a superhero with regards to the pain! Still about 3 mins apart and lasting 30-40 seconds. Wonder if it will last.

Replies

• Ohh I hope it hurrys up for you GP. all my NCT friends are having there baby's 3 so far and one is in labour. I was the second due in the group so I'm on evict baby b mission. I don't think it's going to be anytime soon though.

Not looking forward to the pain, I'm a wimp.
  • Hope all is going well for you Ginger! how exciting!
  • Good luck! I hope things kicked off overnight for you x
  • Best of luck GP! Hopefully we'll be reading your BA soon! I hope things became a bit more speedy for you overnight!

xxx
  • How exciting!! image good luck with everything! I found keeping mobile and standing instead of lying down really help quicken things up!! image xxx