Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just had sweep

Well i Just got back from midwife and had a sweep. She said she can't see anything happening in the next 24-48 hrs. So I think maybe the weekend if not I'll be going to be induced on the 16th xx

Replies

• god thats ages away you must be going mad.....dont always listen to midwife, unless they are mother nature they cant actually have any idea wether or not anything will happen...could all happen in a matter of hours all depends on that hormonal trigger...hope its not too far away for you
  • Hey CW, I had my 2nd sweep this morning too, was dreading it as the first on last Friday really hurt, but this one was much better, the midwife was much more gentle than the doctor!!!

MW also told me she didn't think much would happen for me in next two days...so am booked for a third on weds!!! Due date was 5th, so really want baby out, but also don't want to deliver on Friday 13 if can help it (not normally superstitious but for some reason I am about this!!). Am booked in to be induced on Sunday 15 if nothing happens with the sweeps, it's hard being so patient isn't it!!

Hope things start moving soon for you... Xxxx
  • Fingers crossed the sweeps work for you all. With my first I had a sweep on the Weds afternoon and went into labour on Sat night....no idea if the two were related or not but if they were shows it can take a bit of time.

I'm booked in for my first sweep on Friday this week when I'll be 40+4 so hoping that is successful. I'm due today so shouldn't really be impatient...but am!!

Good luck

MM

40 weeks today!
  • I hope things get going for you soon!

Looking forward to seeing lots more birth announcements!

I am 38 wks today and very impatient! Never had a sweep before but dont see my midwife again til fri 20th, hopefully wont need the appt, but if i do she may give me one then!

xxx
  • I had my second sweep this morning and am now 9 days overdue!!Ahhhh, if nothing happens in next 2 days, got to go for a 3rd sweep (which i think is ridiculous) and then be induced either fri or sat at 12/13 days overdue. Totally fed up and anxious now.

Jen x
  • Ahh Jen, it sucks, I only get one sweep then off o be induced on the 16th which is 12 days over xx
  • G/c from due in march

My midwife said that to me when I was due with DD and she appeared 9hours later in 1hour 40 to cut a short story shorter!hehe.

You never know...

Good luck and hope all goes well for you. x
  • Well that is third sweep done and dusted today and bubs hasn't moved on at all, so thats it, not having another as convinced its not doing anything other than making me uncomfortable...am now resigned to waiting to be induced on Sunday....

Hope things moving for others now... Am only 6 days over now but am soooooooo impatient!!!!! :roll: