Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2012

DOH!

Been to midwife today, I am 38 weeks, she has announced baby is breech and is sending me for a scan on Friday to confirm, Seriously, I have had no mega movements how can it be breech now?

I really dont think it is breech... But hey what do I know, hows everyone else doing?

Replies

• Was baby engaged at your last apt, and is this your first pregnancy?

I'm off to the hospital for a growth scan 2moro morning to check that our little one is still growing, however I have been having a few contractions today so if anything kicks off tonight, we might not get to go to that apt. If she's not grown enough, I'll be in for an induction in a few days x
  • Best to have the scan to confirm, my cousin was told her baby was breech,then that he had turned then when she went into labour he was breech and hadn't been able to turn as no room.

2 midwives have confirmed my baby's head is engaged
  • That's frustrating...but better to get it checked out so that you don't have a nasty surprise....planned section will be much nicer than an emergency one!

Good luck with the scan.

MM

40+1
  • It was engaged for last 2 appointments according to same midwife who now thinks its breech, Its baby number 3 and meant to be a 'BIG' baby so I dont believe it turned around in the last 2 weeks without me knowing. Oh well fingers crossed she's wrong.

CW - hope your contractions keep moving, sounds promising...