Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2013

Newly Pregnant and nervous!

Morning ladies,

I just found out this morning that we're expecting our first baby in January!! I'm so excited but now the nerves are kicking in!

My period was only due today, but yesterday I took a clearblue plus and it was a very faint positive.  This monring, I took another clearblue positive and I think the line was slighty darker... I cracked open the CBD and it said 'Pregnant 1-2 weeks'.  I know that means I'm 4 weeks along and I've been feeling peaky all week so I'm hoping baby will stick.

I'm just worried its soo early and really nervous about a chemical pregnancy... running to the loo every 5 minutes to check that the witch hasn't come.

I've got nausea and dizziness and I'm really tired but I don't have many other symptoms; is that normal for this early?

Sorry to babble- I'm just scared! x

Replies

• Congratulations!!!! It's Completely normal everyone has different symptoms. Welcome to the group and don't be nervous pregnancy is an amazing experience. We all worry but that's what we are all on here for to worry together hehe x
  • Thanks Iggy. We're so happy- took us 5 months which I know isn't actually that long but which felt like a lifetime but I'm scared it's so early! Will keep everything crossed that baby sticks and thank you for responding to my babbling! X
  • Congratulations babymaybe!! As iggypop says it's only normal to worry, and as for symptons, it's still early days. I was fine till exactly 6 weeks and nausea has now kicked in. But other than tiredness and a few cramps I have no other symptons. x

• Hello, I am nearly 8 weeks and your symptoms are exactly the same as mine at 4 weeks - now I have full blown nausea, sore boobs, tiredness and the occasional sickness!

Try not to worry, and huge congratulations xx
  • Thank you so much ladies- I really appreciate the reassurance. Am trying to relax and take each day as it comes. Fingers crossed! Thanks again and congratulations to you all too! image x
  • Hi babymaybe, hope you are feeling a little more reassured from the girls comments above.  It is so hard trying to relax and realising there is pretty much nothing you can do to speed the time along!xx

• Huge congratulations Babymaybe! As the girls said, every pregnancy is different, so it's normal for you not to have too many symptoms, anyway, you say you got nausea, which is a definite good oneimage Happy and healthy nine months! xxx

• Hi Babymaybe! Congratulations! I've just found out I'm expecting #3 and it's even earlier for me - af is due Tues! I hate the first few weeks as I don't tend to get any symptoms until 6 weeks so I spend the whole time anxious that everything is ok and little beanie is still there! Try to relax and enjoy that felling that you've finally got your bfp! Took us 5 months too, but 9 with the last so this feels quite quick! image x
  • Hello ladies. I've had some brown/pink spotting over the weekend and I'm really panicking. It's like discharge (really sorry- tmi!) but I'm not sure if that's normal?!? I'm going to make an emergency appointment at the GP tomorrow and we've booked in for a scan when I'll be 7 weeks. Has anyone else had any spotting? It doesn't look like fresh blood or anything but I'm just not sure. I'm sorry to be a pain but if anyone has any experience I'd be really grateful. Thanks. X
  • Hey hon, I can't say I've had any experience of this, but I know lots of ladies have, so try not to panic too much. I think as long as it's not fresh blood it's nothing to worry about too much and as long as it stops coming. Maybe someone that's experienced it themselves can help?

Sending virtual hugs, I know how worrying these first weeks are. X

I feel like hiding in a cupboard until after my 12 week scan if anyone wants to join me?! image
  • Hi hun, i am in the exact same predicament as you, its so stressful, any little twinge and im freaking right out (not fair on my hubby as ive became ocd about my pregnancy lol) but being on here is so reassuring, ive got very sore boobs, bit nauseaous and already want fizzy sweets and gherkins (thought it was a bit early but hey ho) im also shattered all the time and the littlest of tasks really takes it out of me ive never wanted the weeks to go so quick but good luck and im sure it will all be ok