Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anybody else pregnant with their first baby?

Hi girls, just wondering, it seems that everybody is having their second or third babies. Is anybody pregnant with the first, like me? And to ladies having children already, is the second (third) pregnancy different than the first? I'm not asking about symptoms as such, just in general - I can't seem to get over the fact that I'm actually able to produce a little being in my belly, it's so amazing and scary at the same time! xx

Replies

• Hello, Yes this is my first! very exciting but scary at the same time image I get what your saying about us being able to produce a little being in our belly, Sometimes I don't believe that I have a baby in my belly kicking me!! image

How has your first 6 weeks been? 'any sickness/cravings?' I cant stand the smell or thought or chicken... very odd... I loved it before I was pregnant!

When is your bubby due? x

• This is my first too image I still can't believe there is a baby in my belly!!! Although the sickness is a big reminder that things are different now lol...

I have gone off chicken too Thea, yuk! Struggling with so many foods i used to love at the moment, can't wait to for it to all calm down (hopefully ha!)

x x

• p.s. hope you dont mind me popping into due in jan, i'm due nye but feel so far behind everyone else in due in december! lol!

• I am expecting my first too. I only found out on Saturday so it's still sinking in. Only symptoms so far are sore boobs, tummy cramping and needing to wee lots. I haven't felt sick or gone off any foods yet. I'm planning on booking a doctors appointment for Friday. X
  • I don't know if I was making myself clear before. I mean, every pregnancy is special, but the first one must be extra-special, because that miracle is happening for the first time and it's all so new, do you know what I mean?image

Hi Thea27, congrats on your pregnancy! How far along are you? I'm 7 weeks tomorrow, due date is for now Jan 7th. It's funny how you're off chickenimage I don't have any ms or cravings, really (well, I always have food cravings so pregnancy didn't change much;). My boobs are sore and I'm tired all the time - that's all my symptoms for now. Though now that I'm writing this post, I feel like green olives, somebody give me olives!image xx

Great to see you again MrsAsh, of course I don't mind, how could I? Anyway, you can still give birth to your baby in Jan! I'm a little jelaous of your sickness (can't believe I'm writing that lol), it's a definite reminderimage It's all such a miracle, I'm still in awe that we conceived another life just like that! How beautiful is that? Take care xxx

Hi Baby bear, congrats on your BFPimage Mine too hasn't sunk in yet although it's 7 weeks now, it's absolutely unbelievableimage Good luck with your doc's appointment xxxx

• This is my second and for me its even more special than 1st... mainly because our dd wasn't planned but was extremely wanted.... we spent the majority of the pregnancy worrying... what's it feel like to be pregnant? What's labour like? Will I cope with it? Will I be a crap mum? Will I suffer from pnd? Can we cope moneywise etc etc... now she's 16 months and we know absolutely that she's the best vfhing that ever happened to us, we are fantastic parents, we can make money work and labour isn't that bad.... so for me I plan to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy as it could well be my last x
  • Hi girls!

This is baby no.2 for me, and the first time i was so excited as it was all new,but there was always the fear of the unknown,and was thinking things like- ''will everything be ok?'',''will it hurt?''etc etc.

Am even more excited this time as i know whats coming! Well sort of- i never gave birth naturally first time round, after 26 hours of labour, ds began to get distressed, i was zombied out on pethidine-which i would never have again!!!!,and ended up going for an emergency c-section and being put to sleep while he was delivered!!!.It was all so sad, but i was just happy he was delivered safe! So it will be sort of new to me the whole labour thing!!!

It is amazing what you body can do, to grow a little one is amazing!!image.

Thea27, i went off chicken with my ds, the thought of it now makes me wanna barf!! lol.X

I am too gonna enjoy this pregnancy as i know it will be my last, we only plan on having 2!

Take care everyone!

Caz X

• jollyJoey it's over first baby too I'm so excited and I still can't believe I'm pregnant!! I'm six weeks today I'll be having an early scan next Monday so I'm hoping it will start to feel more real then x

• Hi ladies..this is my first too..due on Jan 22nd so I am 6weeks today!!

It all came as a bit of a shock as it happened rather quickly, we have told my partners family as we saw them for a family birthday and they were overjoyed..phew!! We are telling my parents this weekend - I'm almost 35 so why do I feel so nervous about telling them!!! As for symptoms, I am feeling really tired and my boobs are so painful. I have had a couple of waves of nausea but has only lasted a few mins. I am having a real problem with food at the mo, my appetite is non existant but I'm craving fruit. Of course I'm thinking of baby and eating properly but its such a struggle image 

I'm not sure if anyone else is feeling like I am but I'm struggling to feel excited, this maybe due to the fact that I haven't told my family yet so I feel like I'm keeping this huge secret. I'm also a freelancer - I work as an actress, childrens's entertainer and temp in TV so having a real panic about future financial problems - I just wish I could start to enjoy my early pregnancy rather than worry, its driving me mad!! image

Hope everyone is having a good day xxx

• Hi Ladies I'm 5 weeks pg with my 2nd. I found it was really special the first time but I was so nervous in the beginning it took a long time to enjoy my pregnancy and then I wished it away so the baby would come.

This time is totally different, I'm really relaxed and laid back, haven't even contacted the doctor yet. We haven't told anyone yet and I'm really enjoying the secret! Like the other second timers I'm enjoying every minute of it as I know I probably won't ever be pregnant again and also once the baby comes it's back to those dreaded sleepless nights!!

Xxx
  • Hi Missy, your not alone. Im 30 and this is my first at 6 weeks. We planned this little bundle and thought I would be more excited but all I got was waves of panic time to time and worries. My partner is great and over the moon but dont feel alone I cant seem to feel excited yet either. Im hoping our first scan will make it hit home (were paying for a private).

I think the extreme tiredness Im going through is making me feel this way. Luckily no sickness or any other symptoms but I must yawn about 100 times a day even after 10 hours sleep!

Hope it all seems real and happy times coming for you soon. xx

• Missy77 and littleLisa, congratulationsimage

Thanks for your posts girlsimage Some days I feel very excited, some days not so much, I guess it's just natural. Some days I wake up and need a few moments to realise I'm pregnant;) This will probably change when I'll wake up because of the baby kicking in my huge belly lol, no way to forget then! Plus, the scan really makes it real - I've had mine and finally believe there's a baby thereimage

xxx

• image Hello mums to be this is my first child tooo image due 28th jan 2013 image So excited yet still nervous as im only 5 week and 5 days pregnant , i had a miscarriage this time last year so just taking everything as it comes image Symptoms wise im just constantly feeling tired like ive ran a marothon , my boobs are fairly sore and huge image  waves of sickness but not actually been sick yet touch wood image xx dont really have any cravings as such apart from i just love apple juice .

• First for us too.

Little beans Mummy, we are due a day apart! Hope you are feeling better.

JollyJoey - I know what you mean. This morning it took me a while to realise. Turned over and hubby was reading 'what to expect when you are expecting'!

Little Lisa, I am 32 this year. I have triedness which is weird, cos it normally takes me a good time and a late night to get even a yawn!

Missy - we haven't told anyone yet...not sure when to do it....any advice?

Loopy, nice to see you on here, do you miss the spring us some BFPs? page?

• Lovley we must keep in touch claire531 . .. Me and my partner havent told anyone as such . only my side of the family on a need to know basis but my partner wants to wait till the twelve week scan . I dont blame him to be honest as we miscarried this time last year , its took us almost a year to conceive again image . I have been feeling really exhausted has you or anyone felt the same ? Im six weeks tomorrow .cant wait . I also have alot of wind inside me which is making very unconfortable image .

• Littlebeans mummy - I seem to have a lot of wind too! We have decided to not tell anyone until the 12 week scan...we have friends who did after 2 weeks! Not for us I am afraid!

I am feeling really tired too, even my mum said I sounded tired on the phone! Seem to be getting a good amount of sleep, an afternoon nap seems to be helping,

Not looking forward to being back at work image

• well some good news got my blood results back today and my hormone levels are increasing excellently and we have a scan on the 11th june to see the heartbeat , so excited fingers cross . i started taking folic acid the last two days and starting to feel less tired so think its helping image . Yeah we are waiting for the twelve week scan as last time round we decided to tell everyone immediatly but we ended up loosing our little angel so this time is all going to be done better image

• And we have a scan tomorrow, had a bit of bleeding, so have an appointment at the epu tomorrow first thing.

Littlebeans mummy - good news about the folic acid : )

Jollyjoey - how are you doing?

Loopy - how are you doing too?

LittleLisa - I am 31, turning 32 this year, so you are not the eldest : )

• GL with your scans Little beans Mummy and Claire! xxx Keep us updated and post the picturesimage

I have my scan, bloods etc tomorrowimage Soo nervous again..

xxx

• Hello , had my scan today , yet again internal but she said this should be the last time its internal as she/he is playing peekaboo , we saw the sac and the yolk sac didnt understand much just so excited seeing something grow , got another scan in two weeks so you can all have a piccy then image speak soon and good luck tomorrow hun xxx fingers cross